Transfers should show the word "Transfer" in the Category column

EL1234
EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
I like how credit card payments are all grouped under the Transfer category. I think it would help if the Category shows as "Transfer: Account Name" to make it more obvious that it's categorized as a CC payment and not as a new expense.

Thanks!
76 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @EL1234,

Great suggestion! Don't forget to add your vote! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I agree - it's confusing that it shows only the name of the account, not the actual fact that it's a transfer.  it should say "Transfer From: Account Name"
  • SZR
    SZR Member ✭✭✭
    It seems transfers are no longer linked. This leads to issues:
    Anything sent with Zelle, even to a 3rd party as a payment to get categorized as a transfer, even if there is no matching transaction in my account, so they don't show on the reports and spending plan, AND when I change the category the hide symbol needs to get undone again manually.
    Actual transfers are not always matched automatically.
  • ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭

mentioned as a great suggestion - but from THREE years ago - guess the count wasn't high enough

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I remember, I guess it was October 2022, the transfer category was originally saying (or supposed to) "Transfer To [account]", but instead on android it would at least occasionally say "Transfer to Transfer to [account]"….

Here was that post I originated:

It seems the resolution (?) was to remove the wording "Transfer to" altogether.

I will note that this was similar to Quicken Classic which just showed (from memory) the transfer account name in brackets with no wording.

Rob Wilkens

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23

This would be great, but it would be nice to have the option to abbreviate like "→Amazon", I'm afraid that "Transfer to Amazon" is going to become "Transfer to…" because of limited column space. Or even a transfer icon.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I like the transfer icon idea. There is limited space on the mobile app and I rather use the web app space to show more note detail, as it is now.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• MTcoug
    MTcoug Member ✭✭

I definitely agree and give this one an upvote. The labeling of transfers across accounts is one of the little oddities with Simplifi that I found confusing when I first started using it. I also like RockLee's idea to prefix with a little icon to save horizontal space.

• kollock
    kollock Member

Absolutely! Several months in, I still double take every time I see a transfer. Seeing account names as a Category without further designation is jarring.