Need some detail in the Net Worth report

sabrinablue
sabrinablue Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Feature Requests

Please enhance the Net Worth report to include a listing of the balances that are included in each month's calculation. Right below the chart, and organized by Banking, Investments, etc. would be ideal.

I use my month-end Net Worth as my primary barometer of our financial health, so I am glad to see Net Worth addressed by Simplifi. Unfortunately, I can only see a breakdown of what's in my net worth for the current date (on the Transactions tab). If instead I go to the Net Worth report, I can see the total Net Worth for various months, but I'd like to see what that number is comprised of each month.

Another way of looking at this or doing it would be a report of account balances, with customizable report date. In a perfect world, we would all be up to date with our financial tracking and be able to look up our Net Worth or any account's balance on the day we need it. But when we don't get to it right away (which is most months for me), I need a way to be able to look at historical account balances and resulting Net Worth.

Thanks for considering this enhancement.

21 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The Net Worth Report includes a list of account balances for the Date Range selected.

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@sabrinablue I appreciate the suggestion! I'm going to change this to an idea so we can have members in the community cast there votes too!

• sabrinablue
    sabrinablue Member ✭✭

I wanted to give you a thumbs-up "Like" for your responses to my various questions, but your posts don't include a thumbs-up option like Coach Nicole's do. So I'll say here, thank you for the various responses!

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@sabrinablue No problem :smile:

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken had this report. I think a lot of the budgeting tools in Simplifi are great - would love to see some Financial Planning tools incorporated, like Net Worth projections and Retirement Savings. Right now, I use Simplifi for all of my day-to-day finances and tracking expenses but have to use a separate application for investments and planning. Quicken did it all, but is was so unstable and the mobile app was useless for uploading check/receipt images. The Simplifi mobile app is 10x better and the interface is 20x better. Would love to see Simplifi continue to take on the challenge of replacing Quicken - keeping the simple interface but more advanced users being able to drill down deeper for things like Net Worth details and projections.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@bowgy4 Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions. Our development team is working on a full-featured update to our Investments module which we hope to release in the near future. We're hoping it will help users manage all of their investment transactions better. To offer a little bit of "inside baseball," we feel that Simplifi's "simplicity" is its key selling point, so we're being careful not to overload it with the kind of fine-tuning and micromanagement options that Quicken offers. But we definitely want to pass some of insights we've learned with Simplifi back to our Quicken development team for consideration, especially the lively and accessible "look and feel." Please keep the comments and suggestions coming!

• Joseph
    Joseph Member
    Agree with @bowgy4 - I still run Quicken in parallel purely for the net worth report. Simplify already shows current net worth, but need a historical view!
  • msimon87
    msimon87 Member ✭✭
    I would really like to see a report that show Net Worth over time. The only place to see a number is at the top of the accounts screen or on the mobile app in one of the dashboard sliders at the top.
  • This was brought up 2 years ago. Any updates on the plan for a historical net worth report.  Literally every other app out there has this feature.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @baltazar ,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

To clarify, our Net Worth Report is temporarily down for maintenance. Although I'm not sure what specific details it will contain when it's brought back to Simplifi, it's very possible that it may include some of the additional details that have been requested here!

Sadly, I don't have an ETA on when we can expect to see the Report back, however, this post can be followed for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2002/add-a-net-worth-report-edited/p1?new=1

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All,

Great news! The Net Worth Report is now available in Early Access and shows the details that have been requested here, including a list of account balances.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.