#TipTuesday - Notifications

Coach Blake
Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
The Ultimate Guide to Turning Off Notifications When Screen Mirroring   iOS Android macOS Windows and Chrome OS

Did you know that you can setup e-mail and push notifications in Simplifi? With all of the holiday shopping going on right now, it can get a little overwhelming to keep track of things. Let our notifications do the work for you! You can setup notifications to alert you when getting a paid, paying a recurring bill, when your available to spend gets low, and so much more! Did you know you can also customize your notifications! Learn how to enable/disable and customize your notifications below.

How to Enable or Disable Notifications

1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.

2. Select Notifications.

3. Locate the Notification that you'd like to enable or disable.

4. To enable a Notification, click the associated icon so that it's highlighted; to disable a Notification, click the associated icon so that it's grayed out.

a. The envelope icon is for Email Notifications.

b. The square with 3 lines icon is for Push Notifications to the Mobile App.

How to Customize Your Notifications

Note: Only certain Notifications are able to be customized, typically the ones that pertain to a dollar amount or a percentage.

1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.

2. Select Notifications.

3. Locate the Notification that you'd like to customize and click Edit at the end of the Notification's description.

4. Make your customizations and click Save when done.

To learn more about our notifications, click here to view our help article and click here for our help article for the Mobile App. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding our notifications, please reach out to one of our awesome coaches through our many support channels by clicking here.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2022
    Hey everyone!

We just wanted to give this #TipTuesday a little bump to make sure that any new Members of our Community have a chance to check it out. Also, if you have any tips and tricks or feedback on using Notifications in Simplifi, or what you find most useful about them, please share! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I really do like the way Simplifi handles Notifications; I can certainly say they’re improving the communication between my wife and I.  Even though she doesn’t use Simplifi, I still have the app installed on her device so she at least sees the notifications.

One of my favorite features with Simplifi’s Notifications is the way you can edit some of them by changing the base amount that triggers the sending of the notification.  This sort of customization based on my particular needs is great and I hope Simplifi expands the 'Edit' feature to other notifications…like “Income received”.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the notification settings here leave my bank in the dust. Thank you Simplifi for giving us an easy-to-use interface that gives us the information we need when we want it and how we want it.
This discussion has been closed.