I am not able to update the amount of a planned spending series. Any ideas why?

bridgex6
bridgex6 Member
edited September 23 in Troubleshooting

I called support and they told me to delete the spending plan series and re-create it but I'm thinking there must be a reason I'm not thinking of and would like to know what it is.

Thanks!

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @bridgex6,

Thanks for reaching out! To help us understand your situation, can you let us know what specifically is blocking you from editing your planned spending series? Can you provide a screenshot showing the issue? You should be able to click the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the series and then click "Edit expense series" to change the amount.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bridgex6
    bridgex6 Member

Thank you Coach Jon, please see the attached screenshot showing the cursor is in the Amount field but I cannot type in this field

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @bridgex6,

Thanks for the screenshot. I would try editing the expense in another browser/incognito mode to see if that works for you. Let us know the results!

-Coach Jon

• bridgex6
    bridgex6 Member

@Coach Jon, I tried Google Chrome and MS Edge, with and without Incognito & In Private modes, none work. Could it be that since this is the first month that I've used Simplifi, I need to delete and re-add the spending plan but in future months I can modify it?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@bridgex6, thanks for giving those steps a try!

Unfortunately, we won't be able to know what's causing an issue; we are just able to do some troubleshooting with you to try to resolve it. With that, since testing in incognito mode still did not allow you to edit the expense, I don't think it's something with your browser. At this point, I'd suggest deleting and re-creating the expense for the correct amount.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• bridgex6
    bridgex6 Member

Well, it's working now. It may be that I was highlighting the amount field and pressing the delete key. When doing that, a delete does not occur. But, I found out that if I put the cursor in the field and press the arrow or back button I can edit the amount.

This discussion has been closed.