Stifel balance issue NOT resolved

fredct
fredct Member ✭✭

I see you posted an update to the thread saying the Stifel balance issues are resolved (link below). This is NOT true. I gave it 24 hours since seeing that and multiple reloads and I continue to experience the problem just the same: the listed balance reflects only the cash in the account, NOT the full account value.

Please ensure the ticket remains open to be worked.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/comment/39757#Comment_39757

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@fredct, thanks for posting to the Community!

From everything I can see on our end, a fix was put in for the issue and the ticket was closed. With that, since you're still experiencing a balance discrepancy with Stifel in Quicken Simplifi, we'll want to do some troubleshooting. Please follow these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank to see if doing so clears things up for you:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

We also have a support article that goes over troubleshooting balance discrepancies. Please take a look over it to see if you can identify any potential culprits: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

Hi Natalie,

sorry for the delay, but been very busy with Summer plans and getting the kids back to school :-)

I just followed the instructions. I turned the account manual and saw they were on the manual section, then I re-added Stifel wealth tracker and linked them back up, and the balances are still just wrong.

When I was re-ending it it took a very long time. It sat on the “adding” screen for at least 10-15 minutes, probably more, but eventually that went away.

I’ve attached a screenshot of a snippet of some of my accounts. You can see the balances are very low. That’s because it represents only the cash in those accounts and continues to ignore all the stocks and funds value.

i’ll give it another 12 to 24 hours to see if another refresh might sink it up better, but so far it’s not looking good.

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

I refreshed last night and again this morning (so now at 20-22 hours since my last post) and there’s no chance. It continues to only show the minimal cash balance instead of the full account balance.

• Coach Natalie

@fredct, thanks for giving those steps a try and posting back!

Please supply us with the following information so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on:

1. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    2. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    3. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    5. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

Hi Natalie, I’d be fine to provide that but I had already done so when I opened up my initial ticket, providing what must have been over a dozen screenshots, maybe two dozen. Nothing has changed since then, except the balances have moved a little as I moved some money around.

I’d be happy to provide it again if needed, but not going to post all that information publicly. Is there a way I can send it to you privately? Or should I chat with your support again?

• Coach Natalie

@fredct, thanks for the reply!

When viewing your interactions with chat support, I don't see that there are any open escalations for this issue. It looks like the tickets were closed due to no response, which may have been why the Alert got resolved. At any rate, since there are no open escalations or active Alerts, you can either:

1. Provide the information here for a new escalation.
    2. Get back in touch with chat support to let them know that the issue you were experiencing prior is still occurring.

I hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

On 7/22 I got an email saying an update as made and could I check if it was fixed. I replied the same day saying it wasn’t fixed.

On 8/6, I got an email saying my ticket had been closed but a few minute later got an update saying:

“We are continuing to investigate the issue with your Stifel Wealth accounts. 

Disregard the previous email, we have not stopped investigating.”

I haven’t gotten anything about it since. I will reach out to support again to get the ticket reopened or a new one opened.

• Coach Natalie

@fredct, you can now follow our Alert for updates on this issue:

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭

I found it, thanks!