Canada Specific Investment Account Types (edited)

smitp111
smitp111 Member ✭✭
edited August 23 in Feature Requests

I am following up on this from @MagsMaggieEl , Canadian users don't have the options they require under Investments, the Investments list could be derived from the users home location, for Canadian users we need to see these:

• RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan (akin to an IRA)
  • Group RRSP - Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (akin to a 401K)
  • RESP - Registered Education Savings Plan (akin to a 529 Plan)
  • ESP - Employee Savings Plan
  • RPP - Registered Pension Plan (can cover the many types of pension plans)
  • LIRA - Locked-In Retirement Account (holds employer sponsored retirement/pension savings after the employee leaves the company - locked-in until age 71)
  • RRIF/LIF - Registered Retirement Income Fund (holds converted retirement or pension savings from age 71) / Life Income Fund (hold converted LIRA monies from age 71) - both pay out minimum monthly income during "retirement" years
  • TFSA - Tax-Free Savings Account (I believe available in Canada only)
  • RDSP - Registered Disability Savings Plan
  • FHSA - First Home Savings Plan

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• BhupeshGajria
    BhupeshGajria Member
    edited August 23

Second that… I agree we need to have these options

Also a basic feature is missing in the Investments.

When you enter a buy / sell transaction in "Transaction tab", it will not flow in "Portfolio Tab". You need to enter the same value in "Portfolio Tab" for it to actually show up in your portfolio. More importantly, you cannot edit the price when you enter the transaction in "Portfolio Tab". If I bought some security on 8/1 and I try to enter it on 8/23 in the "Portfolio tab", it will pickup the price on 8/23. It should have an option to edit the price. So, either we have "Transaction Tab" entries flowing to "Portfolio Tab" automatically (since here we can edit the date and price"), or allow to enter the price manually in "Portfolio Tab"