Adding a new credit card to an existing bank account with other cards?

DavidB
DavidB Member ✭✭✭
edited September 3 in Adding and Updating Accounts

This has tripped me up in the past so I want to double check. I recently got a new credit card and financed a car with Chase bank. I already have several other cards with them as well as a checking account, all of which are set up in Simplifi.

Am I correct that to add the new credit card and the car loan, I should check ALL the accounts with Chase, even the ones which are already connected to Simplifi?

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31

I will check off all the accounts and ensure you select the link to account option to map the account to the existing one(s) in Simplifi.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2

Thanks @UrsulaA , but I don't understand. Your screen does not match what I see. My question is, what do I do when I see this? Do I leave all of them checked and go on to the next screen or do I uncheck the first 6, leaving the last 2 checked, and then go on to the next screen. In the past, I don't remember what I did but I did cause some problems by doing the wrong thing.

[Edit- Removed Personal Information]

David

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @DavidB,

Thanks for reaching out! You will want to make sure you select all the accounts before proceeding in the window that you posted in yoru screenshot. This will allow you to link, add, and ignore any account in the account linking window of Quicken Simplifi.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2

Thanks @Coach Jon , and on the next screen after that, do I leave them all checked, or do I uncheck the first 5 and only check the two new ones?

[Edit - Removed Personal Information]

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @DavidB,

Thanks for your reply. You can leave them all checked!

-Coach Jon

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, @Coach Jon, that worked. I will take note of all this for the next time.

David