Watchlists: Add option to always show 12 month average regardless of transaction dates

Wedo778
Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 3 in Using Watchlists

Currently, watchlists will give you the monthly average you spend which is great because there is nowhere else in Simplifi to really see that data and a lot of what I care about is larger timescales than the current month. However it limits itself to which months (within the last 12) your oldest transaction is. I guess that is somehow useful if you are brand new, or have a new spending category that you didn't always have (got a new dog after 10 years of no pets) and only have a few months history you need to see the average of.

But much more often, its just a category or collection of categories that do not have transactions every single month. Like Travel for instance. I'd like to see how much I spend on travel. Well I get a year to date total, which is great in November or December, but doesn't tell me a lot in February. I get a monthly average, but only based on what months I have spent in. So if its June but I didn't have any travel expenses from July-October last year, its going to average my last years' worth of spending over only 8 months. It should (or at least I want it to) be averaged across 12 months. It just so happens that the transactions were consolidated into a shorter section of those 12.

Instead any time I want to check how much I have been spending, I have to break out a calculator. At which point, why am I using software for my finances if I still have to calculate basic things myself?

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.