Manual account balance is incorrect

bost.05
bost.05 Member
edited September 2 in Report a Bug

I have a manual account where the sum of the individual transactions do not equal the displayed register balance. I have exported all transactions to CSV to test this. Also, if you select all transactions, the tip that shows the number of selected transactions shows the correct balance, which does NOT match the displayed register balance.

I was just communicating with a support rep about this issue, and he reported that this was a "known" bug with NO estimated time to correct. When I asked for a link to the issue so I can follow it, he said it was not reported on the external community, only on internal product development issues. So here, I am reporting this externally from a user. Please prioritize this issue, as it should be so simple to just add up register transactions in a manual account!

Tagged:

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2

I have several manual accounts, and the same thing happens to me from time to time. You can add a one-time adjustment that you can later delete. Often it fixes itself within 24 hours. I know it's aggravating though.

You can also try signing in and signing out of your account to see if that will force a re-totaling.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (iMac) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @bost.05,

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for the balance issue you have been facing. Can you provide a screenshot showing the issue in Quicken Simplifi? This would help us verify what exactly is occurring.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

I did just provide the support rep this information, along with the log files, etc. But this is the screenshot that shows the sum of all transactions equals the correct amount, but the register balance (top-right corner) is incorrect. No transactions are pending. This is a manual account.

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

To better clarify, are you currently chatting with a support representative for this issue? Generally, you will want to stick with one avenue of support at a time. Let us know!

-Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

As I said in my original post above, I already discussed everything with a support rep today. I was told that this was a "known" issue to the product dev team, but it was not on the community/bug pages for external users to follow, so I was adding it here to get external attention and visibility for others dealing with the same issue.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bost.05 Yep; it comes and goes with the different builds. It's been around forever, but it usually goes away at some point.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (iMac) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to try opening Quicken Simplifi in another browser/incognito mode to see if the balance is still inaccurate there?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

Yes, it is still incorrect when I log into incognito mode

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Thank you for letting us know. Can you let us know what the name of the account in question is, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi? Additionally, we will need logs to be sent to us, as this will help us understand what is happening here.

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

See comments above. I have already submitted this information to a support person. I only added this bug to have external visibility to the issue, since it was only documented internally, per the support person I worked with yesterday.

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Thanks for the reply! From what I can see on our end, the information you provided was not escalated, and I am not aware of this being a known issue. We can offer to escalate this issue for you here if you want, but we would need the information previously asked for in this thread. Or you may contact Chat support again and inquire about what happened with the information you submitted with them.

Another option you have, as a suggestion, is to try deleting and re-creating the account. As this would offer an immediate fix to this issue. Let us know!

-Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

Yes, thank you for the reply and for doing that! I just submitted the logs again. The account in question is called "Optum - HSA".

The person I was working with yesterday was Coach Julio.

In the meantime, I do have a question: if I delete and recreate the account, would there be a way to import the transactions? There are 90 transactions in there, and 33 of them are transfers between that account and the checking account. I'd hate to have to recreate every transaction manually.

thanks

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Yes, you can manually import transactions into Quicken Simplifi. Here is a great support article explaining how: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Is that what you want to do in this case? Please let us know so we know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

Thank you for the reply. I would prefer the bug be fixed, as I am hesitant to delete and re-create, given the potential impact on my checking account from the transactions that are transfers over the past 2 year period.

Interestingly, today when I open the web app and let it refresh, the register balance for this account has changed, even though no transactions have changed!

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Importing transactions should not affect your other accounts, and if it did, it would be as simple as deleting the corresponding transaction causing a conflict/problem. Did you still want to continue with escalation instead?

-Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

I'm talking about 90 transactions over a 2 year period, and about 30 of them are transfers between accounts - so yes, that would impact the other account.

Yes, please proceed with the escalation - I would prefer that the problem is fixed for everyone, rather than me take a workaround and leave the problem existing.

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

I understand. We can proceed with the escalation. Can you please provide the following information as well:

• Your web browser and its version
    • Your OS and its version
    • The Quicken Simplifi version and build (this can be found at the bottom of the dashboard)

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bost.05
    bost.05 Member

Chrome version 127.0.6533.100

Windows 11 Enterprise version 22H2 build 22621.3880

Simplifi version: 4.23.0 (27318/9404baabd4)

• Coach Jon

Hello @bost.05,

Thanks for the information. It looks like the original ticket you filed with your previous support agent was escalated already so you will not have to proceed with escalation in the community at this time. You will want to follow up with your original contact for updates on the issue or wait for the agent to reach out with an update for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Coach Jon