FDP-103 Error with Ally Bank (edited)

I have been unable to add my bank accounts to Simplifi. I use Ally Bank and can't add the account or any other accounts. I have been in contact with tech support numerous times and the problem still exists.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @djmccauley1958,

Thanks for reaching out! I can see the 103 error on our side when you are trying to connect. With this error, we want to be absolutely certain that your login information is correct and have followed the steps outlined below:

• Verify the bank selected is the correct instance.
      • You may see several different instances of your bank that you can add in the Add Account screen. Check to see if you’re using the correct one.
    • Verify that your login information is correct.
      • Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• djmccauley1958
    edited September 4

I am unable to connect to Ally Bank and I have done everything that has been suggested. When will it be repaired?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited September 5

Hello @djmccauley1958,

Thanks for reaching out! I am unsure as to what specific issue you are referencing regarding this FI. Can you clarify in more detail, please?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Tried all of the suggestions. This error occurs within Windows and Mac. It is very frustrating as it has been over a month and still no progress.

• Same error and I have tried all of the suggestions.

• Unable to connect Ally or any other institution to Simplifi. Have been using Quicken for over thirty years and have never had this problem. It appears that the program has a lot of potential only if it would work properly.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Thank you for your reply,

So we can look into this issue further, please provide the following information:

1. Have there been recent changes in your banking website? If there are changes, what are those?
    2. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account (login URL)?
    3. What type of accounts are you adding (banking, investment, debt, etc.)?
    4. If possible, please provide a screenshot of your bank account summary page that includes the URL. Please make sure to remove or obscure any personal information. (If you are not comfortable providing the screenshot in a public discussion, you are welcome to send it by DM).
    5. Provide the FORMAT of your password (Do Not provide the actual password!). For example, the password of "Quicken123$" would be "Xxxxxxx###$." Document the specific special character(s) in your password (AGAIN, DO NOT provide your actual password!). (If you are not comfortable providing this in a public discussion, you are welcome to send the information by DM).

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited 1:53PM

Thank you for your replies,

We already responded to you in the earlier discussion you created about this same issue:

[removed link to merged thread]

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina