Limit on Number of Accounts?

myfriend
myfriend Member ✭✭

For one of my banks, I have a savings account and four CDs, which are all connected to Simplifi. I recently opened three new CDs at the same bank. I went to add them to Simplifi, but it only added one of the new CDs and says I have no other accounts associated with the bank.

Is there a limit of accounts with one bank that you can connect to Simplifi?

Tagged:

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I do not believe there is a limit of accounts per bank on account of Simplifi. @Coach Jon @Coach Natalie , thoughts? Also, which bank are you using? The coaches can help determine if a specific bank limits account feeds.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@myfriend

Agree, with UrsulaA I don’t think there’s a limit. I have one bank worth 8 accounts (1 CHK & 7 SAV). Granted, it’s not CD’s, but still…

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @myfriend,

Thanks for reaching out! There is indeed no limit on the number of accounts you can add. You mentioned the accounts you wanted to add to Quicken Simplifi had just been opened at the bank. Sometimes, newly opened accounts do not have the permissions required for 3rd party sharing. You can usually check your bank's website to see if they are enabled for 3rd party sharing or contact the bank themselves to verify.

Hope this helps!

-Coach Jon

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭

Thanks for all the quick responses.

The accounts are with CIBC. I will check the 3rd party sharing, but all of these accounts were set up in the same manner, so doesn't seem like that would be the issue. ??
    I will report back.

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭

There was nothing to do on my bank's end. They suggested that I disconnect/reconnect the account. So, in Simplifi, I clicked "Reset Connection" and all accounts appeared. Wish I had noticed that option earlier.

All good now. Thanks again for the responses.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@myfriend Glad you got it fixed. Yep, sometimes resetting works and sometimes it doesn't. Always worth a try. Sorry someone didn't suggest it earlier.

I reset my Fidelity Accounts yesterday to fix a problem with incorrect number of shares. It didn't work. 😐️

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991