Add SAKS credit card at Comenity Bread Financial

JWV
JWV Member ✭✭

Saks Credit Card is now at COMENITY (Bread Financial) and no longer at CAPITAL ONE.

Please add https://d.comenity.net/ac/saks/public/home

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @JWV,

Thanks for reaching out! I went ahead and turned your FI Request post into a discussion to inquire and clarify first. It looks like one of our instances available in Quicken Simplifi may link to the same place as the link you provided. Have you tried connecting using this instance to see if it works?

Let us know,

Coach Jon

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Jon - @JWV clearly stated that Saks is no longer with Capital One. Your URL shows capitalone.com, which is not useful anymore. The URL in the first post needs to be added.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Jon

@UrsulaA,

The instance I provided may have a capitalone.com URL, however, by clicking on the link you will notice that it links directly to the URL the user provided. This is why we are inquiring if they are able to connect using that instance.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

thanks @UrsulaA @Coach Jon but it doesn’t work. Quicken needs to replace Capital One with the Bread Financial Comenity link

https://d.comenity.net/ac/saks/public/home

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Thank you for your reply,

What happens when you try to connect? Are you getting any error messages/codes?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

If I try to connect with the Capital One link, i get error FDP-105. I assume that’s because CapitalOne is no longer the custodian of Saks cards. And since there’s no Comenity link for their Saks card in Quicken Simplifi, I’m disconnected.

• Coach Jon

Hello @JWV,

Thanks for the reply. To help us determine the next steps can you answer the following questions?

• Have you been able to connect using the current instance previously in Quicken Simplifi?
    • Are you able to click on the URL from within Quicken Simplifi during the Add Account flow and sign into the bank's website?

Thanks and let us know!

-Coach Jon

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

@Coach Jon

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, the account worked just fine when CapitalOne was the bank for the Saks account. However, that changed a couple of months ago when Comenity acquired the Saks credit card account. (Read their press release.)
    2. Yes. If I click on the URL, the browser will go to Capital One then redirect to the Comenity website; however, when I provide the username/password in the required Quicken Simplifi dialogue (see picture below), I get the FDP-105 error. I presume this error is because it tried to authenticate at Capital One, but the account was moved to Comenity.

I would note that Quicken supports many other Comenity accounts, so it's just a matter of updating the records with your aggregator.

Thank you!

• Coach Jon

Hello @JWV,

Thanks for the information. To clarify, are you stating that you were able to sign in after visiting the URL within Quicken Simplifi on the bank website?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

I can log into the bank website. Unfortunately Quicken Simplifi itself won’t connect since it thinks it needs to go to Capital One.

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

As you can see in this picture below, Quicken still tries to connect via Capital One. That's wrong. The Saks accounts are now hosted at Comenity's website.

• Coach Jon

Hello @JWV,

Thanks for the response. To clarify, even though a certain URL is displayed in Quicken Simplifi for a bank, that does not mean it's the URL used to connect from the backend. I hope this makes sense!

To help us further troubleshoot this issue, can you provide the Bank Name (as it appears in Quicken Simplifi) and How long you have been experiencing this error?

Additionally, can you also send logs? This would help us determine specifically what is occuring here:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

I’m pleased to report that COMENITY’s Saks has been added to Simplifi as a connection, so this issue is resolved now.