Is adding recurring bills when adding/linking an account expected in Simplifi now?

UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited October 11 in Bills and Income

My PNC credit card disconnected this morning. I fixed the issue by making the PNC credit card manual, deleting the account authorization at PNC (due to it being an OA Auth API bank), and then reconnecting/linking the credit card to the manual account.

I had an Amazon Prime annual series in Simplifi already configured with my latest payment on August 27, 2024 linked to it. The account reconnection process prompted me to link my Amazon Prime payment done on August 27 to an annual series, but it was unclear to me if Simplifi meant an existing series (the one I already configured) or creating a new one. I skipped the prompt and my existing series got deleted along with the links to existing transactions in the series.

Solution: I re-created the series and re-linked the transactions.

This behavior was unexpected to me. I thought Simplifi will keep my existing series when I skipped the prompt to create a new series instead of deleting the series that is already there. Was I supposed to approve the prompt for my existing series to stay in Simplifi?

Can we not have the system detect or prompt for recurring bills and subscriptions when connecting or reconnecting an account? I rather not have to worry about this step when troubleshooting a connection.

I am on Web Version 4.25.0 in Early Access. I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge incognito mode.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 12

@UrsulaA, thanks for reaching out regarding this behavior!

It looks like the detection of recurring items is to be expected when adding and reconnecting accounts. I tested this by leaving the recurring item that was found selected, and it did link it to the existing Recurring Series rather than creating a duplicate, so this does appear to be the intended action.

With that, I'd suggest creating an Idea post. You can request the ability to disable the detection of recurring items when adding and/or reconnecting accounts, though I do want to point out that there's a "Skip" option. The "Skip" option also seemed to not impact my existing Recurring Series in any way. You can also request that Quicken Simplifi not detect recurring items that are already set up, or perhaps indicate that it's already set up and show how to link it to avoid confusion.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

OK, thanks for this clarification. I will remember that this is intended behavior (as much as it pains me).

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.