Completed savings goal still showing as “not contributed” in my spending plan?

Not sure if this is user error or a glitch, but this month I completed a savings goal and then shortly thereafter withdrew (I used the “withdraw to spend for the goal” option) from the goal. However, in my spending plan it’s still showing that the monthly amount is not contributed, which is skewing my spending plan. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14 Answer ✓

Did you make the final contribution this month (September)? If so not sure why it doesn’t show as contributed.

No matter. Since the goal is complete you can do a couple of things to keep it from screwing up your spending plan. Click on the 3-dot menu select edit goal and change the contribution amount to zero or in the same 3 dot menu select to exclude from spending plan.

Again, I don’t know why it is still showing as not contributed if you made this month's contribution.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• Erin
    Erin Member

Thanks for the response! I actually can’t remember if I completed the goal at the end of August or the beginning of September (it would be so nice to be able to see a history of savings goal-related transactions!). Either way, you’d think it would stop withdrawing once the goal had been completed (it seems like it has with other goals I’ve completed?)

In any case, thank you for the suggestions - I changed the contribution amount to zero and that was a good fix for the spending plan.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14

There are quite a few feature requests to enhance the Savings Goal feature and having some kind of SG register is among them.

Here is a list, created by @UrsulaA, of some of the top requests from a post in the FAQ section of this community. You'll find a link to the specific feature you suggest in this list. You can add you upvote to the count.

Savings Goals Enhancements Survey Update and Top 10 Ideas — Simplifi (simplifimoney.com)

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer