Linking to Recurring Transaction Does Not Update Payee & Category

bcrossman
bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 30 in Report a Bug

When Simplifi does not recognize a recurring transaction and I have to manually link it, Simplifi does not change the payee or category to match the recurring transaction that I've set.

I used to link through the Reminders ribbon at the top of the Transaction screen, but this ribbon has been blank in the latest web update. If I instead link in the "View Transaction" box for an individual transaction, Simplifi links the transaction but does not update the Payee or Category to match the recurring transaction. This should be fixed, particularly if linking through "Reminders" is no longer an option.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited September 30

Hello @bcrossman,

Thanks for reaching out! The Payee and Category of the transaction should definitely be updated to match the details of the Reminder when linking. Can you provide screenshots showing the details of the linked transaction before and after?

As for linking directly from the Reminder, this is still an option in Quicken Simplifi and you should be able to do this. We do have a great support article here that has steps you can follow for linking transactions to reminders. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders

You may also try in a separate browser/incognito mode to see if something may be blocking the reminder feature, like a 3rd party ad blocker or security extension. Let us know if those steps work for you!

-Coach Jon

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response, @Coach Jon. Here is a screen shot of the Reminder ribbon. I've tested it on different browsers in both private/incognito and non-private modes, but my Reminders have disappeared in all formats.

Here is the linked transaction, both before and after linking. As you can see, after manually linking the transaction, Simplifi signifies that it is linked to a recurring transaction but does not change the payee or category to match the recurring transaction (this is not a mortgage payment and the recurring transaction is not categorized as such).

Before manually linking to recurring transaction:

After manually linking to recurring transaction:

• Coach Jon

Hello @bcrossman,

Thanks for the visual! That is definitely strange that your reminder cards do not appear. Do your Reminders show up in the mobile application, or are they missing there as well? If you go to Bills & Payments in the web application, do the Reminders show up there?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Jon Reminders do appear elsewhere — in Bills & Payments and on mobile — and when I link a recurring transaction through Reminders in those places, the payee and category are correctly updated. It's only the Transactions that is wonky and when I link by editing the individual transaction where the payee/category does not change.

• Coach Jon
    edited October 1

Hello @bcrossman,

Thanks for the information. We were able to reproduce this issue on our side and have reported the issue. We will be sure to post back here with any information we receive on the status of the issue.

As for the issue with the reminder carousel not appearing, we do have a previous post that was escalated already that you can follow for updates. You may also post there as well if you would like to be added to the ticket.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

SIMPL-23310

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you.