Filters>Accounts: Sort list by Bank, Credit Card, and Investments (edited)

tcr000
tcr000 Member
edited October 10 in Feature Requests

When you are reviewing transactions it would be good to be able to see just banks and just credit cards. On the transaction screen you just get a list of all your accounts, not a hierarchical list like you get for Investments.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @tcr000,

Thanks for reaching out! I went ahead and converted your idea post into a discussion, as users already have the ability to filter transactions by Account type in Quicken Simplifi. You would just need to click the Filter icon located in the top right of the Transaction Activity register, and then select the Account filter tab.

I hope this information helps!

-Coach Jon

• tcr000
    tcr000 Member

I realize that but what I was asking was to sort that list by Bank, Credit Card and Investments. When I am reviewing my spending, I typically look at credit cards separately from bank charges.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

From the main transaction list, if you click on the total under credit, you will see all credit card transactions for all credit cards together in the transaction list.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you can select all credit cards as per @UrsulaA and you can select which accounts to show per @Coach Jon but I believe what @tcr000 is requesting, if I'm understanding correctly is the ability to sort the transaction list by actual account.

Right now, if I use either of the currently available sorting methods, I still get a list of transactions that are all mixed up as far as which account each transaction is attributed to. I can then sort the transactions by Date, Payee, Category or Amount by clicking on each column header. But I cannot sort the list by Account or Tags.

I believe this request is to add a means to sort the list by Account so that all my CC A transactions are listed together, followed by all my CC B transactions, followed by my CC C transactions, etc. (Same for all other bank accounts included in the sort/filter transaction list.)

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @tcr000,

We have converted your post back into an idea post for other users to vote on. To clarify, is the idea post you want what @DannyB has listed above, or is it allowing users to sort the Filters list by Account type?

Thanks!

-Coach Jon