Transaction Rules for Tags [edited] (2 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• amamadou
    amamadou Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie is there any update on this, or this is not planned for this year? This will be a very great feature to have and will help save a lot of time as well, for those using tags for each transaction. Thanks in advance.

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA - looking fwd to this feature. I’d like to add my definition of it, which I think is key:

Tagging rules should work pretty much like transaction rules, but they can’t be an extension of transaction rules. The core value of tags is they are an independent and orthogonal way to classify transaction, separate of the MECE category taxonomy. Because of this, the rules engine can mirror, but should be largely independent of the transaction category rules. At most it should take the assigned category as a potential ingredient for tag determination. But it shouldn’t be limited by that.

Think of a transaction for “health insurance”. Today, most people probably have a top line category of “health”. Another top level category could be “insurance”. This transaction becomes ambiguous or difficult to assign a MECE category for. I’d probably put this under the category of “health” and then I’d like to automatically tag it as “insurance”. I’d similarly like that “insurance” tag to be applied to auto insurance, home insurance, and so on. This is why the rules engine for tags must not be strictly dependent upon the category rules and taxonomies.

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA -

“Enhancements to goals and spending plan features”

I know you guys have been pushing this out there. Maybe others love it. I personally don’t find it useful. Not interested… One related ask: pls allow those of us that don’t want to use this feature to disable any potential recurring prompts or related dashboard components. I’ve already voted for some features to suppress the constantly annoying “is this a recurring transaction?” prompts (I realize that’s different, just want to be sure we can suppress any spending plan features like that if you’re planning them).