Report of Current Monthly Spending Compared to Average

Hello! I am really liking Simplifi.

The app already has a notificatiom which shares how much your spending compares to the average per month, but it only shows up periodically.

It would be great if the app could show this information whenever the user wants such as a report or a different representation of the spending plan.

A really neat way to show it is a line graph of current spending compared with the average line graph for linked the last (3, 6, X months). I find trying to beat my average month's spending to be big motivator!

Thanks!

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @cobra1316,

Thanks for the suggestion! Don't forget to add your vote! :wink:

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭

Also, it seems like the spending plan isn't updated if I modify the category of a transaction from a previous month. Is that true? if so, it would be nice if we could "refresh" it to get a more accurate view.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @EL1234,

Thanks for the inquiry! To clarify, the Spending Plan is designed to just show info for the current month, so making changes to past month's transactions would not affect the current month's Spending Plan.

You can find more details regarding the Simplifi Spending Plan here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭

I think I was looking at the "Monthly Summary" under Reports, where it shows you where last month's money went. Does that get updated if I change a category after the report was generated?

• Coach Natalie

Hello @EL1234,

Thanks for the inquiry!

It looks like changing a category after the Monthly Report is generated does not impact the Monthly Report.

If this is something you'd like to see in Simplifi, you may consider creating a separate Idea post requesting it. :smile:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community/p1?new=1

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks!