Account to Account Transfers (A2A): Share your feedback here!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited October 17 in Early Access User Feedback

We are excited to announce a new feature called A2A! With A2A, you can transfer funds between your connected bank accounts right from within Quicken Simplifi. This feature has been rolled out to 10% of Early Access users and is currently only on the Web App. If you are one of the lucky users, let us know what you think by commenting below!

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I saw the pop up alerting me that this feature is coming soon for me. I can test it when I have it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9

No pop-up notification for me 😏

Well, never mind… I opened QSimpliifi in Chrome to check something with date picker in reports only to see this pop-up!

I'm going to try it out to see how it works… I'll be back.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • MtnCreed
    MtnCreed Member ✭✭✭

After multiple attempts with the correct information, I could not verify my identity and can no longer try again. I'm excited for this to work though! When there's an update, please re-enable the pop-up for users who have already tried it and failed so that we know to try again.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering, when this becomes available in my QS account, if I will need to make some changes to what data and info is downloaded to QS for this feature to work. If given the option, I did not select to have routing and account numbers made available to QS when I first set up my bank connections. I made this choice since that data is ONLY necessary if the app has the ability to initiate bank transactions like transfers which QS has not included in its features up until now.

@MtnCreed I wonder it that is the problem you were having with the feature?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie

@MtnCreed, I'm in the same boat and I have no idea why my identity couldn't be verified. 😞 I asked to have it reset and was told since it is identity verification/fraud-related, there's no current reversal mechanism. I hope this changes down the road!

-Coach Natalie

• EGG
    EGG Member

Tested with Alliant Credit Union. Got through to entering account and routing info and Simplifi doesn't appear to have the correct account numbers. Alliant deliberately makes the full account numbers difficult to easily identify, so I can't say I'm surprised. However, we'll clearly need a method for working around this limitation.

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 17

@EGG, I believe there will be instances where the last 4 digits of the account number obtained via online banking aggregation is different then your actual account number, or the bank uses a different account number for ACH transfers. When these 2 numbers don't match, you won't be able to enable the account. Our product team is aware of this limitation and they're working on a solution. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• t8iujh
    t8iujh Member
    edited October 14

I submitted a transfer last Tuesday (10/8) and it is now 6 days later (10/14) and the money has not arrived in the receiving account. The money has essentially been gone for a week now. When can I expect the money to arrive? The documentation and support around this feature is terrible! There's no semblance of scheduling, and seeing money taken from one account and not show up in the other over several business days has completely soured this feature for me.

• Coach Natalie

@t8iujh, thanks for posting!

What does the "expected" date show as in Quicken Simplifi? You should be able to see this under Settings > Transfer Activity. I believe we need to allow 5 business days for the transfer to complete, so let us know if the receiving account still doesn't have the funds by the end of the day tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

-Coach Natalie

• t8iujh
    t8iujh Member
    edited October 14

Ah, I was unaware of this page, if only the coach I spoke to for an hour last week knew about this. It shows 10/17. 7 business days for a simple cash transfer in 2024, guess I know never to use this feature again. Also, why isn't the date reflected anywhere on the cashflow graph? I shouldn't have to go digging around to figure out where my money is

• t8iujh
    t8iujh Member

Ok, now that I've successfully completed a transfer which took eight calendar days to complete including 6 days with the funds "missing" from my accounts (meaning not accruing interest, not visible in Simplifi balances, not accounted for in cashflow graphs, etc), I thought I'd provide some retrospective feedback here.

This is an awful feature as it's currently implemented, and the lack of documentation and training of your support staff for a feature involving actual customer money being moved left me a nervous wreck about what was happening with my money after it was taken from the first account not to be seen for days. There is absolutely no insight into timing beyond an estimated completion date you don't get until after you submit the transfer that's hidden behind 2 layers of menuing (which I didn't find out about until this thread), and no ability to schedule the money being moved on specific days. The money is not reflected in accounts' cashflow graphs on the receiving side of the transaction, so once it's taken from the sending account it isn't reflected anywhere in your balances or graphs and appears to have just disappeared. And as I found out this morning to boot, Simplifi does not even recognize the deposit to the receiving account as the other side of the transfer, and marked it as "Personal Income" because it "can't find a matching transaction" on the sending side, which is such a nice way to end this terrible process that I couldn't wait to be over. In fact, now that I'm looking, the outgoing transaction appears to have disappeared from the sending account now that it's complete.

I think it's worth mentioning that when I submit ACH transfers or cash-out through social payment apps such as paypal, venmo, cashapp, zelle, etc. there is always, at the least, a pending transaction within 48 hours. Eight calendar days to complete a transfer in 2024 is shameful!

Obviously I'm upset because we're talking about real money being moved here, not just spreadsheet data being incorrect. I want to believe that all of the issues I had are oversights on your part, but I should not be put into a situation where as a paying customer of your software I'm beta testing features that actually involve my money being moved around like this. As a Software Engineer myself, I would never want to read the kind of feedback I'm leaving, so I hope you're able to take this constructively and turn it into something significantly better than what I experienced.

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭✭

I seriously doubt that I would sign up to allow Simplifi by Quicken the ability to transact on my accounts until my Simplifi account requires some type of 2fa or mfa security. At present, a hacked password will have view access only and that is bad enough.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• msdrigg
    msdrigg Member
    edited October 17

Hi so I am trying to setup a funds transfer from my bank account (Safe FCU) via the Simplifi transfer feature. This account is listed as if it has account number "0000" in Simplifi but when I look at my bank's instructions for how to setup transfers to/from this account the account number it says to enter does not end in 0000. It provides a totally different number. Now when I enter this number into Simplifi it gives me an error saying The last 4 digits don't match expected. How can I rectify this?

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 17

@msdrigg, thanks for posting to the Community!

I went ahead and merged your post with this feedback post for Account to Account Transfers. Please see my comment above for the answer to what you're experiencing:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Your feedback is concerning and given what you wrote, I may abstain from using the feature. Thanks for the warning.

Also, did your issue get resolved?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present