Add Transaction Rules [edited] (37 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@nicholaswayne4 You should see him in person!! :D

• smrtrich
    smrtrich Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes please add transaction rules. Without them it is tedious to keep thing organized. Also please include rules for modifying all the transaction fields including the tags.

Thanks. Once you have transaction rules this will be the best option that I have found to replace old school quicken, which I have already dropped due some reliability issues.

• Coach Tappan
    Options

@smrtrich We're glad you like what you've seen of Simplifi so far. To make sure you get an immediate notification of improvements in our transaction rules, you can follow this discussion by clicking on the Gold Star at the beginning of this topic.

• vikram
    vikram Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

i agree with folks above 150%. I have been using many products (like mint, personal capital,clarity, tiller money and Albert) and i can tell you from personal experience that this feature is a make or break feature specially when you are asking for a subscription (while other dont).

At the end if the day, the goal of this tool is to give us the right picture of our incoming and outgoing. if it cannot categorize correctly then its of no use (sorry for being straight)...i also agree that though simplifi is doing a good job of categorizing it just can get it all correct 100%. so this feature gives us the ability to close that gap. if the tool requires me to constantly spending time for categorizing (incorrectly categorized transactions) then it wont work. i left mint exactly for this reason.

Take a look at what tiller did to see what your competition is already providing https://www.tillerhq.com/how-tiller-works/autocat/ (they dont do regular expression so this would be the a ideal opportunity to leap frog and provide something unique and a huge differentiator).

Also note that the Autocat should always work on all transactions....and not just on future transactions once set. the reason is because it allows us the freedom to change categories if we want to (categories of today may not be the categories of tmr)

I am engineer and now a product manager at a tech company with passion around making personal finance super easy and always looking for the killer app...i am liking what you guys are upto...just keep it simple it works!.

• Coach Tappan
    Options

@vikram We hear you! Thanks for the thoughtful feedback and the encouraging words about Simplifi. As Coach Paco posted above, a powerful, versatile transaction rules function is high on our list of enhancements to the program, but we want to get it right before we launch it, so we don't have a release date set for it yet. I do want to assure you that our development team reads all of the comments posted here, and considers them seriously.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

Great news everyone! Our Team is actively working on adding Transaction Rules, and we are hoping to have this implemented in Simplifi by the end of October.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we considered this request! :wink:

-Coach Natalie

• shanedeiley
    shanedeiley Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar to Mint, when you re-categorize manually a transaction, Simplifi allows for you to "Apply Changes to Similar Transactions."

Basic Request:

• the ability to view and delete these 'change application' rules, similar to Mint's "Manage My Rules"

More Involved Request(s):

• the ability to create and manage more complex rules based on various dimensions, such as payee, date, account, amount, etc.

e.g. I like to have a catch-all for Amazon distinct from Shopping as it's a bulky payee for me; but I would want to manually categorize any transaction over $50 from Amazon as it would indicate more specific budget category utilization. A finance application that allows for this kind of functionality is Monarch, if you're curious.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @shanedeiley,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an existing Idea requesting that Transaction Rules be added to Simplifi. Please note that this Idea is currently "In Progress", and is coming very soon! :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.