Ability to sync Amazon/Major Retailer/Big Box order details [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
2»

Comments

• t3hhcaptain
    Options

My dream is to have a platform like this that lets me itemize transactions by syncing as well as scanning/photographing the receipt and having it automatically (try to) add items to the transaction. Then, I'd be able to see what items I'm spending the most on within categories. That'd be super helpful.

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    Options

This would be great. Tiller offers a way to do this (see https://www.tillerhq.com/tag/amazon/ ) so why can’t Quicken develop a similar product/feature.

• amackles
    Options

I'd love to see an item description from Amazon in the Simplifi notes field.

• MtnCreed
    MtnCreed Member ✭✭
    Options

This would be AMAZING! Even it it didn't work on every transaction, it would be a hug time savings. We spend most of our time in Simplifi switching screens back and forth with Amazon trying to figure out which order is associated with which transation. Even if it didn't auto-catagorize, just seeing a suggested order link would be a game changer.

• billapepper
    Options

Any new updates on when/if this is going to be a feature? Been over 2 years since last udpate

• Jeff D.
    Jeff D. Member
    Options

Add ability to link to Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club accounts and automatically populate the item purchased in the Notes attribute of each transaction. This will help users choose the correct category for their many on-line purchaces

• macalmon
    macalmon Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

It would be great to have Simplify talk to Amazon, so our transactions can be categorized more efficiently

[Merged Post]

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @macalmon,

Thank you for sharing your Idea! Since there's already an existing request for this, I merged your post with the existing thread.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• bafreed
    bafreed Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

On trial with this program and [removed]. Overall I am liking Simplifi more, BUT, [removed] has an option to connect your amazon account so the transaction details are imported. GAME CHANGER. Please bring it here.

• Feelenjoy
    Feelenjoy Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

echoing that [removed] functionality is a game changer. It’s quickly moving from nice to have to must have for those of us who have hundreds of Amazon orders and the charges are split based on ship date rather than order date.

• asheroto
    asheroto Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Apparently the moderators removed the name of the competing product with that feature in the previous posts. Wish they would just add this feature. The way that the competing product does it is by having an integration. That would be a great feature with Simplifi, simply have an integrations area. Even if we could write our own through API access, that would be a way it could work.

• AJG
    AJG Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey! Any update here? [removed]

• Mojo D. Monkey
    Mojo D. Monkey Member ✭✭
    Options

I added my vote for this feature as well.

I'm not holding my breath or anything, but it would be a great feature to have. I suggest that anyone who wants this feature to go back to the first page of this discussion and vote it up.

• kegsofduff
    kegsofduff Member
    edited January 3
    Options

[removed] does this. It is beneficial to see the purchase details. It allows us to tag whose purchases are whose and group transaction totals owed per person.

Simplifi is better in many ways, but this is one (of several) features [removed] is far superior at.

• shako23
    Options

adding my vote here as well. This would be an amazing feature to have. It’s really only thing making me consider the competitor still.

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

[remove - no soliciting]

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We purchase stuff off Amazon, but I always pay with a credit card. Looking at the charges on my cc statement online I don’t see a breakdown of what I purchased for any given charge. How would Simplifi get the breakdown of what is included in any given charge? Same with Costco or Target. My vendor account tracks my purchases, but not the cc or debit transaction that I can see. Is this a request to be able to add your actual Amazon, etc., accounts to Simplifi to import purchase history?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same question. I do not categorize Amazon purchases, instead I allow myself an amount to spend on online shopping to keep me under control.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA

Looking at the original title, I believe this is about adding the ability to synch with my actual Amazon or Target or grocery store chain account for the sake of downloading purchase histories. Then I think it is envisioned that Simplifi develop a way for Simplifi to sort out that purchase history and identify the cc transaction it is associated with and then add the items to the Notes field AND figure out what user defined categories to assign the items to creating a split transaction if necessary… or something like that 😂

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @DannyB , your explanation helps. I have only categorized Amazon purchases above $200 or so dollars as they were something specific that I wanted to track. These still fall under my planned spending. Tracking each Amazon purchase by category is too much work for me.

Looks like some need this request.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny
  • Katsei
    Katsei Member
    Options

I’ve recently switched to a new expense app at my office called Fyle.com and they offer a feature where you can use a unique email address within Amazon and it will send the receipts directly to your expense report. It seems something like this would be easy to do and send the receipts directly to Quicken and load the fields.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I review and categorize my amazon purchases but they pretty much all fall into 3-4 broad categories so it's not a huge deal (as long as I don't let it get backed up).

• ntbert
    ntbert Member
    edited March 14
    Options

I would love this and a competitor [removed] has done just this…. you just need to copy that feature….

• ben123
    ben123 Member
    Options

coming from mint: we have an amazon credit card, and I would need to tag who bought what.

In mint, we could see the item purchased with the amazon credit card.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Upvoted, i also use this card.

Rob Wilkens

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Funny, When I had mint I didn't know it could do this, but that's very cool! upvote.