Apple Card & Savings Accounts (2 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, I agree there might be some issue with Apple but... why Simplifi is silent about this?

Just to note, Apple Card is supported by Goldman Sachs which is a great bank but not very advanced in retail and it's their first credit card product. So, in addition to Apple privacy issues, we might be also dealing with GS technology issues.

Anyways, I'd not say it's a total deal braker. While being an interesting product Apple Card is not a deal breaker for me. Not the only card giving 2% on everything, some nice features yes but nothing really special. Today I'd think twice if I need to open one but I already have it.

And when travelling to Europe last year it seemed like a perfect payment solution (they all love contactless payments, especially in countries like Ukraine where hype and "new" is everything) with no foreign transaction fee etc. In reality it was the only card that failed me there. All other cards worked flawlessly but Apple Card refused to process some payments for no reason returning weird errors. While back in the US I called them and asked is that because they do not like some country or territory but they readily acknowledged they had "issues" on their end. And to be sure those issues are gone they asked me to remove and re-add Apple Card to my Apple Wallet. Not a joke. When I did that all my transactions disappeared and I spent hours trying to solve this new issue with their support being not very helpful and promising "something will be done soon and you will hear back from us" and that was always a lie, they never contacted me later. I've heard many others having problems while paying abroad with Apple Card.
  • Delta5
    Delta5 Member
    Options
    How is Apple Card integration still not a thing with Simplifi? It's one glaring issue in an otherwise excellent product. Please add it!
  • Pontifex
    Options
    +1 to this
  • Sachin
    Options
    one more Apple Card user. Can you integrate ? 
  • Jarvis
    Options
    This would save me major headaches. Please Simplifi!
  • Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I just activated Apple Card support for my [removed] account.  It works beautifully. Considering that [removed] is FREE and can integrate support.  I'm pretty sure Simplifi, a paid subscription app, can do the same. 
  • sysy
    Options
    huge +1 on this. What's the point of an automated service if we have to do the manual work every month? There are excel sheets (like Aspire) that do budgeting really well while preserving the privacy (aka not sharing bank credentials etc. at the minimum, but also you don't have to worry about the Corp selling your "anonymized data" if they choose to).
  • DDeCrescente
    DDeCrescente Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Add Apple Card Support to Simplifi: Add my vote

I was in denial that Mint and Apple Card worked and tried it at @DavidsGirl's inspiration and sure as heck it works! Attached are screenshots of the process from Mint. So, at first I thought this was an obstacle with Goldman Sacks, the back that services Apple Card. So, if [removed], owned by Intuit, can do this, we should expect that H.I.G Capital could implement this feature in the Quicken line of products including Simplifi.

You can export from Mint but browser only, not tablet etc. How can I download my transactions? (intuit.com). It is little workaround until/if Simplifi implements this highly desirable feature that [removed] has. What other ways are there to directly required this of H.I.G. Capital's Simplifi product? This is coming from a person that actually cancelled his trial subscription and resumed it with hope that they do it soon. There is hope for this product.

• camikw
    Options
    Another +1
  • NerdChieftain
    Options
    I can’t believe this has been going in for 2 years and I have to upvote. #AreYouSerious
  • seriously
    Options
    Please prioritize Apple Card integration. It has been over 9 months since Simplifi said they started working on it. 
  • shazzmere
    Options
    Another +1 from an Apple Card holder, please prioritize getting this added.
  • parap
    parap Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    [removed]

[removed] has this from March when will we get this Simplifi?
  • parap
    parap Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    [removed]

Seems like this is the top requested financial institution by far!
    154 votes vs 34 for the next biggest. Can we have this by end of March?
  • parap
    parap Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I am on a trial right now and this is definitely a key consideration. Else I may have to go back to good old [removed] since they have it
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DavidsGirl

I'm not an Apple fan so I don't have any skin in the game as far as this request goes. But it did pique my curiosity so I did some browsing and it appears that Apple Card has disallowed linking to aggregation services/apps since it's inception. That seems to be on par for Apple's closed community philosophy. I do see that sometime earlier in 2022 Apple Card allowed a limited connection with Mint, i.e. only downloading certain data but not the full spectrum of data that others provide.  As far as I can tell that's it for being able to connect Apple Card to services such as Simplifi, Quicken, Personal Capital and all other financial apps.  I did read that Apple Card will allow CSV downloads so at least Apple gives a bit of a nod to the rest of the world. It seems that the issue isn't on Simplifi's side of the equation and it might be more effective to contact Apple about this issue.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Wai'uli'uli'
    Wai'uli'uli' Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    +1. This card has become my daily driver, and now going to have to leave Simplifi for [removed]. It's so sad they are losing a customer (and I'm sure some others) for not covering the basics, like this. This isn't even about fancy features, but a widely used CC support, sad.
  • Adrock
    Options
    Any update on this?
  • doriansl23
    Options
    Can we please make this happen?
  • dl30
    dl30 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    +1. This card has become my daily driver, and now going to have to leave Simplifi for [removed]. It's so sad they are losing a customer (and I'm sure some others) for not covering the basics, like this. This isn't even about fancy features, but a widely used CC support, sad.
    They lost me as a customer as of a few days ago because of this. They said almost a year ago that the capability was now available from Apple and that they were working with their service provider to implement it in Simplifi. If they had any communication as to why it was taking so long and when we might be able to expect implementation then I might have stuck around.
  • Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DannyB I can link my Apple Card to [removed] and get all my transactions, which is all I need for budgeting. So how would that be an Apple issue? Simplifi is the one selling a service stating they will connect to your accounts so you can have a 1-stop shop for financials. It's THEIR job to go make the relationships with companies so that they can deliver on that claim. And if they can't, then at some point customers will leave and find a better service.

• Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

I'm close to jumping ship as well. It seems they are spending their time on other niche features rather than fixing the basics, like making it simple and easy to connect accounts. I spend more time reconnecting accounts than I do actually reviewing my information. Out of curiousity I went to [removed] and refreshed my account after a couple years. It was SO easy and seemless and every service just worked. I've had to recreate my Discover Card 2 different times with Simplifi. With [removed], I logged into Discover just once and all my accounts synced seemlessly. And with Fidelity, they were doing maintenance so it said, “maintenance until 4:30”. WOW, that was helpful, not like the cryptic error codes you get with Simplifi.

• Quatrofromage
    Quatrofromage Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

My Apple Card is such an important tool in our financial arsenal, it is absolutely a necessity to make this happen. At least in [removed] you can import the transactions!

• namffuhffej
    Options

Come on! This is WAAAAAY overdue. I'm about to switch to said competitor.

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I've checked that competitor a few days ago, not even able to delete a bunch of transactions. Ok, not even being able to mark transactions to be removed from monthly report.

It's nice when it comes to some features but not nearly as powerful so it's more about your specific needs. Simplifi at least has some growth and customer support. Thas said competitor is not changing for years, it's probably not their priority produc.

I'd say Apple Card is not my favorite card anyways, have a full wallet of better cards. What's so special with Apple Card to heavily rely on it? Many other cards give 2% cashback with a nice sign-up fee. Check Wells Fargo options.

• CyberAlch3my
    Options

I signed up for the trial. I got all my other accounts here, even my obscure little credit union - but not my Apple card - which is the main card I use for things every day… I am torn because the app seems like exactly what I was looking for, but without the ability to integrate the card I used for 95%+ of my transactions, it is of limited use to me. Please add Apple Card support!

• sammind77
    sammind77 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Please urge Tim Cook to make this happen!

• altChristopher
    altChristopher Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have let my Apple Card go dormant since no finance software I can find connects to it. Not worth the hassle. I use a lot of Apple stuff, but this particular wall around the garden is quite annoying.

• Ansar
    Ansar Member
    Options

Please add AppleCard support, it's March of 2023!

• botjnilt
    botjnilt Member
    Options

Throwing my vote in as well. Even if we could just get balance information, that would be a big step.

This discussion has been closed.