Add an expanded Recurring Series screen (edited)

mschauer
mschauer Member
edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
Let's say I have a placeholder loan payment series of $150/mo. I want to increase my payment to $200 next month, so I update it on the forecast calendar. In 6 months, I plan to pay the remaining balance in full, say $1,000.

However, if I edit the series in the Recurring tab in ANY way (like by adding an end date to the bill), it will wipe out ALL of my custom edits! For example, the payment in 6 months that I set to $1,000 has been reset to the series amount of $150. This is not ideal, and it requires me to be very careful when adjusting series after I put in some variable payments.

I think there should be an expanded series screen or something that allows for changing the amounts by month (or year, week, etc; whatever the series repeats by). Then, it will save those amounts even if the usual payment is set to $150. It would be even better if this updated all future amounts to the new amount typed into the "Amount" box, but leaves the amounts that were manually edited. So, if on July 8th, I want to pay $200, but on August 8th, I want to just pay the default of $150, the $200 amount will not change if I change the series default amount to $300 (if I choose to pay the loan faster)... if that makes sense.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 2022
    Hello @mschauer,

Thank you for taking the time to post this to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration you may be experiencing because of this behavior in Simplifi.

This is a great suggestion, however, the first part of your post actually sounds like a bug -- a customized Reminder should not be reverting back to the default when the corresponding Recurring Series is edited. With that being said, I have gone ahead and opened a Bug Ticket for this, and will be sure to post back as soon as any updates become available. 

I will also leave this Idea post intact so that other Users may vote on the expanded series screen suggestion. :smiley:

You may also consider adding your vote here, as it sounds like it may be useful in how you'd like to see some of your Recurring Series set up in Simplifi: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1281/auto-end-recurring-series-once-total-amount-has-been-reached#latest

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-8640
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2022
    Hello @mschauer,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

It looks like the issue with edited Reminders reverting after a change has been made to the associated Recurring Series is no longer occurring, however, please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue with this. 

-Coach Natalie