Ability to Link multiple Transactions to a single Recurring Bill at one time (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• nateks0492
    Options

Upvoted. Why has this not been done yet? It's been two years since the initial poster and it's pretty obvious that this would be a nice feature.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recently had to do something like this, and didn't have to do it one transaction at a time.

I went to the Transactions page and selected, for example, Alliant Energy. Using Bulk Edit, I was able to assign all of these transactions to Utility → Gas.

I used this procedure for just about all of my recurring bills and it worked pretty well for me. I had several thousand transactions categorized and tagged in less than 15 minutes.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I went to the Transactions page and selected, for example, Alliant Energy. Using Bulk Edit, I was able to assign all of these transactions to Utility → Gas."

Yes, this works for re-categorizing, @ajbopp . What we are looking to do here is to assign all payments done to Home: Rent to the rent bill series we set up to show historical rent payments. The only way to do this is to go transaction by transaction.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DANK
    DANK Member
    edited March 24
    Options

I often find myself paying an expected bill with more than one payment. It would be nice to be able to link multiple transactions to one bill.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    Options

The request below has 73 votes and sounds like your need above. If this request fulfills your need, vote for it. More votes increase the chances for consideration.

In the meantime, you can link multiple transactions to one recurring series by linking each transaction individually.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders#h_1200fab18f

[Merged Post]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• grim_tidings91
    Options

Upvoting this feature request. This would be a huge help.

• benjny
    benjny Member
    Options

Upvote…… PLEASE please pleases, add this feature!!!!!!!!!!

• johnsonkt
    Options

Hello,

I had to reconnect my bank this morning, and when I did so, it highlighted recurring items that I had. I tried to exit out but it ended up removing my recurring income items. I had to manually reconnect each entry back to the series. This is necessary so that the spending plan gets the income into the right bucket.

Would it be possible to allow the selection of multiple entries and then have a one click update to link them to a recurring series, under the edit transactions function? In the same way that a mass payee or category change is done.

• sami
    sami Member
    Options

Please add this feature, as others have mentioned can already bulk update a number of transaction details but not just add them to a recurring series.

• SynVisions
    SynVisions Member
    Options

This is needed, but ultimately only because Simplifi is so poor at recognizing small deviations that cause it to get lost and force human (customer) intervention. Ideally the code which groups recurring transactions improves rather than pushing this burden onto the customer, but at the very least this should be fixed while Quicken fixes the larger issue.