Ability to Hide Closed Accounts [edited] (2 Merged Vote)

Options

Comments

• yjustin7
    yjustin7 Member
    Options
    Leaving a comment as I would also like to be able to hide closed accounts.
  • money$
    money$ Member
    Options
    Also would really like to see this feature added.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RobWilk offered a really good workaround with moving closed accounts to an unused account type.  Another option that’s not as elegant as Rod’s is to just rename any old closed accounts with “zzz” at the start which pushes them to the bottom is any alphabetical lists in Simplifi.

Example:

My Checking Account 7469
    zzz My Checking Account 3421

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great to see that this feature is in the works! As my volume of accounts linked to simplifi grows (and my mortgage gets sold again and again) I am really hoping I will be able to hide those closed accounts soon. I think once a user marks an account "closed" the default should be to hide the closed account in the dashboard, with the option to turn off (i.e., show closed account in dash) if desired. But regardless of whether a closed account appears in the dashboard, the closed account's data should be retained and its transactions should continue to appear in reports, past spending plans, etc.

Is there any estimate of when this feature might go live?
  • spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to this as well.
    I like to ensure all my accounts are linked to the app, but many I don't use often (store cards or other fairly idle/dormant accounts that are basically at zero balance most of the time). My account list has 9 of those currently that just means i have to scroll down past all of them or delete them from the platform and add them back in when/if i use those store cards or whatever
  • skorry
    skorry Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    A seemingly simple request: the ability to hide closed accounts from the dashboard.  Yet it remains unfulfilled nearly 2 years after this thread began.  [removed - disruptive]
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    In the 14 months since I recreated my simplifi account from scratch, I've closed 5 accounts that I've preserved in simplifi so that the reports stay correct over time.  

Unfortunately, these accounts were 'credit' accounts, so even though they are closed they are shown in the list ABOVE my savings account.

Being able to hide these accounts would let me see my savings balance without having to scroll (or zoom out is the other option i guess).

I know i can change these closed accounts to different account types such that they're below savings, but unfortunately when i did that I found (at least once) that some transactions were not accounted for the same in the reports (that may or may not have been an anomaly, I didn't spend enough time experimenting with it).

Rob Wilkens

• spiazza1
    spiazza1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Has there been an update to this request?

Steve Piazza
  • inspector_gadget
    Options

Adding my support for this feature. I just want to hide closed accounts from the accounts list on the main page.

• Atomic Dog
    Options

The dashboard is cluttered enough, please let me hide closed accounts.

• farid
    farid Member ✭✭
    Options

Would love this feature as well, starting to look very cluttered!

• msimon87
    msimon87 Member ✭✭
    Options

Any update on this?

• RyanB
    RyanB Member
    Options

I mean really, how long could this possibly take to code and test?

• ZCMC1066
    Options

It is time for this

Simplifi the view if it is closed, the balance is zero. there new activity it doesn't deserve a space on the dashboard

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's been one month since the last comment on this, can I say that for me this is probably my current highest priority request. My old highest priority request was the issues with the chase connection, but I was told that a fix "may not be possible" so i need to shift priorities.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Let me add: I think this would be a super-easy one to implement as a coder. Yes, you'd need a new database table or field to link the account to a 'hidden' boolean(true/false) field. Next, you'd need a checkbox (with a label) on the accounts settings page for each account. If that box is checked, set the 'hidden' field to true. Then when building the list of the accounts on the dashboard, check that hidden field, and if it's set to true (hidden), ignore the account and move on to the following account—nothing more to do than that.

It's probably 'too easy' for some developers that prefer a challenge, so no one is taking this one up.

Rob Wilkens

• farid
    farid Member ✭✭
    Options

In my experience, there's probably a Jira board somewhere with 100 super easy and quick to add features like this, but also like 10 high priority bugs that block it from happening, and a team that's too small, and whenever 1 bug is squashed a new one pops up.. Quicken probably needs to hire a few engineers who in parallel only focus on features like this.

• pasham
    pasham Member
    Options

Any update on this?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

At this time, there are no further updates to provide on this request. As soon as we learn an ETA on when we can expect this ability to be implemented in Simplifi, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• jay999
    jay999 Member
    Options

Curious about this too as hiding accounts is standard on most money-managing/finance apps. It's a much-needed feature.

• Bill
    Bill Member
    Options

Any update on this feature request? Seems like a long time for devs to be working on a UI change.

• farid
    farid Member ✭✭
    Options

Over 2 years for something as simple as hiding accounts that already have a distinct state… I'm honestly willing to sign an NDA and write the code myself at this point…

• Jeff C
    Options

Please let me hide a closed account from the dashboard!

• Pmrussell892
    Options

Why have you guys still been unable to hide closed accounts from showing in the left accounts side bar? Should not be hard to do

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the one I thought I was replying to before, I had clicked on the wrong message.

THIS is the feature I want - There are no other features on my Wishlist. If this feature existed without any other bugs, I would be happy with the service without other enhancements. It would fully meet my needs.

Rob Wilkens

• chaddfowble
    Options

I would like this feature too

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's here y'all… and it's glorious! It's accessed via the 3-dot-menu on the account list.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Woo Hoo, I see it, and I'm using it now. THANKS @MrGood For Catching that

Rob Wilkens

• Jeff C
    Options

Awesome, thanks Simplifi!

• jay999
    jay999 Member
    Options

Good to hear but I don't seem to have that option: