Ability to Hide Closed Accounts [edited] (2 Merged Vote)

Options
13»

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Someone else pointed out somewhere - - they backed out the change possibly because it broke the income/expense charts on the dashboard. That happened on Friday. So, it's coming, it's basically done, but the same fix broke something else so they went back to a working older version temporarily,

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@jay999
    Don’t lose hope, it’s coming! Just a temporary bump in the road.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jay999 It's here for me this afternoon, but "Early Access" may or may not need to be on in settings.

Rob Wilkens

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jay999 - For whatever reason, Simplifi "backed out" the change during the weekend. As of today, I can see it back. It appears to be a feature added in webapp version 3.86.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

We appreciate everyone's patience as we worked to implement the ability to hide closed accounts in Simplifi! This ability is now available for everyone on both the Simplifi Web and Mobile Apps as of the 3.86.0 and 4.10.0 releases, respectively.

Now, this ability just applies to "closed" accounts — does this cover what everyone's looking for, or is there any additional feedback regarding this?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Closed is what I was looking for. For me, this is perfect, but I'm not the only one here.

Rob Wilkens

• Lytol
    Lytol Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Perfectly addresses my issue as well. Please pass along our thanks to the dev/product team!

• jay999
    jay999 Member
    Options

Thanks @RobWilk @Flopbot @MrGood Great community here btw… :D

• JC.
    JC. Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using Web version 3.87.0 and I'm not seeing it, I take it that it was removed again, just clarifying??? Thanks!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

As a reference, I'm currently on 3.86.2, and it's gone again for me too… It must've been taken offline again…

And now, -edited- 3.87.0 —- My closed accounts are hidden, it's not clear where the option to set/change that is.

Also, with the updated "Quicken Simplifi" branding (new tonight) it looks like the account list is more compact (that's good), but it might just be a misperception on my part.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi everyone! Yes, we had to take down this feature due to some bugs that it caused. When we have an update on when it will be back we will let you know!

Thank you,

Coach Blake

• jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

• *** Comment removed as it's been raised by others already.

• Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have this option either. All I see is Balance with pending and Bank Balance. Do you see it on the web app or in the desktop app?

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    Options

I think if you guys are going to revert a new feature temporarily, you should also take down all forum posts and help center guides advertising this feature. It's super confusing to come to the forum and see the announcement of this new feature as one of the top posts (without the ability to comment on it) only to find out in a random thread on the second page that this feature was reverted.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@pkp, agreed. I think this is the first time a new fully-released feature has been taken down, so we didn't really have a process in place. But I went ahead and removed the articles from our help center, as well as the product announcement post from the Community, and will re-establish these items once we have the feature back.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• mkwoo
    mkwoo Member
    Options

Hello, I have read through this thread and am just looking for confirmation if this feature is now active or not. Sounds like it's disabled again, is that right? If it is active, I'm not seeing it (version 3.90.0). Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mkwoo, yes, the feature has been temporarily disabled. As soon as we have an update or it becomes available again, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks!

-Coach Natale

• Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is not an option for me either. All I have is Balance with Pending and Bank Balance.

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    Options

I know the Simplifi team is probably swamped at this point putting out fires and trying to accommodate the flood of Mint users coming in, but I find it pretty disappointing that this simple and much requested UI feature took 2 years to implement, immediately broke, and now hasn't been updated for over a month now. Are we going to have to wait another 2 years for this to try to get implemented again? This should literally be a two line change in the UI code, but the fact that it's causing this many problems suggests an overly complicated code base and/or problems with project management.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

The feature is live again! 🥳🥳

• Flynn1982
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie - First, thank you for your responsiveness. I'm sure Simplifi is dealing with a lot of inbound former Mint users (like myself). I've read about half of the comments here, so I may have missed something.

While being able to hide closed accounts helps, we could really use this feature on a per-account basis for accounts that are not closed, but where we do not need to see them on the list because there is no activity. In our case, we have a number of accounts (checking/savings/CC for my wife, unused HELOC, plus a few others) that have zero activity, but they are still open accounts (and we have reasons for keeping them open). However, with all of these "extra" unused accounts, it makes the left account pane very cluttered and hard to read. It would be good to be able to hide these on a per-account basis, but still have them live and connected with the institution so we are still getting transaction history and can look at them if needed. Having the ability to show/hide them in some fashion like with the closed accounts would be helpful. Maybe be able to flag them as "inactive" under the account setup, and then a toggle for whether to show "inactive" accounts in the left account pane?

I'm really liking Simplifi overall, and see some meaningful improvement over Mint. Wish I would have switched earlier…

Thanks!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While I do not need more than closed accounts hidden "at this time", I would "support" ("vote for") being able to hide any account.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Flynn1982 & @RobWilk, since it sounds like most users in this thread were voting for the ability to hide closed accounts specifically, let's go ahead and create a new post requesting the ability to hide non-closed accounts as well. The new Idea post will allow us the opportunity to gauge interest in that particular ability. 😊

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.