Support for Coinbase Pro accounts?

Options
Bob1
Bob1 Member ✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to add my Coinbase Pro account but the API keys aren't working. I assume that it's because Simplifi currently only supports regular Coinbase. Can we have support for Coinbase Pro accounts added?
Tagged:
13 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working to establish this connection in Simplifi, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to support a requested bank.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @pid,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties connecting your Coinbase Pro account in Simplifi.

To better understand the issue, what specifically is occurring when attempting to connect using the provided API key, i.e. do you receive an error message, is the account not showing as available to add, etc.? Also, do you access the Pro account using the same website as regular Coinbase accounts, or is it a different URL? And which option are you selecting for Coinbase in Simplifi when attempting to add the account?

As far as I'm aware, it being a Pro account shouldn't make a difference. If you're using the same site to log in as any other Coinbase account, and have the API key, you should be able to add the account in Simplifi.

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Bob1
    Bob1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Natalie,

Everyone uses the same credentials for both Coinbase and Coinbase Pro. When using the API keys from Coinbase Pro I get an error saying to check my credentials. Coinbase Pro does use a slightly different URL (pro.coinbase.com). Also, Coinbase Pro uses a passphrase along with their API Keys so I think that could be the issue. In short I don't think there is a way to link a Coinbase Pro account using the URL Simplifi provides. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @pid,

Thanks for confirming the details!

With it being a different URL, and the fact that we don't have a field to enter a passphrase for Coinbase accounts, I would definitely say that Coinbase Pro accounts are not currently supported in Simplifi. With that being said, I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting that we add support for Coinbase Pro accounts, so that other Users can add their support by the way of votes. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • save2live
    Options
    Hi, new Simplify user would be great if this was added. Looks like the suggestion was made months ago, can we get an update on the status of getting this integrated?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @save2live,

Thanks for the inquiry, although I apologize that there's still no update to provide on this request. I definitely suggest following this post for any future updates, however! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • dcazman
    dcazman Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well.
  • Icestorm0141
    Options
    I am definitely interest in this as well.
  • Lalamoney
    Options
    When will there be support for a coinbase pro accounts?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Lalamoney,

Thanks for reaching out on this request!

Although this connection is being worked on, we can't guarantee that we'll ever see it in Simplifi, unfortunately. We also don't have any kind of ETA to provide, however, this post will be updated accordingly once new information becomes available.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but I hope this helps! 

-Coach Natalie
  • MikeOne
    Options
    I am also looking for the coinbase pro connection. 
  • rwilkes
    Options
    Current coinbase support in simplifi is limited to Coinbase Wallet for storing crypto. The ask is to support Coinbase trading accounts. 
  • jwilleke
    Options

When I am at https://app.simplifimoney.com/ and try to connect to Coinbase, I am prompted for an API Key and a API Secret.

I obtained an new API Key from Coinbase but no API Secret appears to be available.

Any Ideas?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.