Bright Start Savings - for investors NOT advisors

Options
13»

Comments

• Accumulate>Spend
    Options

+1 This is the only account I am missing as well. To other comments, the advisor login is available but not the investor login page.

• mniems
    Options

Hello- New Quicken Simplifi user here. I am not able to connect to my Illinois Bright Start 529 account. Can you please add this connection? Thank you.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

Unfortunately, @bobdobilina Quicken support has stated numerous times that they won't do anything about this and it's very frustrating. They just state that if their aggregator, Intuit, supports the connection then they would have the connection. That either means that Quicken has a problem or that Intuit products don't use only Intuit aggregation (because all Intuit products have this connection).

Quicken's only help thus far is the recommendation to contact the bank, but I don't see how that is helpful when every other service I've used can connect to this account. We have no idea what the problem is to actually try to work with the bank on it. The service connects fine to the bank's portal for advisor-run accounts, so it's not a matter of the bank not supporting it. When contacted, the only information I eventually got from the bank is that they aren't planning on changing anything with support for Quicken - they wouldn't elaborate on what they are already doing or if this should work.

If this is a deal breaker, you should definitely look elsewhere because I've been trying to get this connection for four years and have contacted the bank, Intuit aggregation service, and Quicken. Nobody will provide any support or help other than to tell you to contact someone else.

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm bowing out team. 4 years and counting on waiting for this connection.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@MrGood - I may be right behind you. I don't want to pay $100 a year for the "butterfly" but may take a look again at what some of the bank services offer. I have too many account to not have them all in one place, but I don't like giving money and getting ignored.

To save the trouble, yes we've had some responses, but "We've requested it and have no further information at this time." Is the equivalent of being ignored. A politician could say we're not being ignored, look at the replies, but everybody knows what's happened based on the responses: Filling out a "request this bank" form, one time, and sending it to Intuit, one time, four years ago and then never lifting another finger.

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bowgy4 - I hear ya. I'm actually headed to the "butterfly." Ultimately, it comes down to the value proposition. It is more expensive but the featureset has been expanding aggressively (which is what I would expect given the significant increase in cost). Took me a long time to break away from the SM "Spending Plan," a feature I had grown very fond off.

In the end, to me it was about transparency from Quicken. Other competing services were making it happen while Quicken was shifting the "load" to the customers to request the connection from the institutions involved (not something I had seen from the other services)…

In any case, best of luck in your Bright Start journey…

• st.hart
    Options

WOW THIS IS CRAZY. Just came in from Mint but I guess I'm going to have to cancel and move on.

• Sara N
    Options

Hi, is this still an open issue after more than three years? I am a new user and am trying to add this account, but I still only see the "advisor" choice listed.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sara N Unfortunately, yes, still an issue with no changes ever implemented. Apparently Quicken has no control over what banks they can connect to. They pay a single aggregator for a certain set of connections and if that aggregator doesn't add that bank to those connections, then there is nothing Quicken can do other than request it one time and hope it gets added at some point. Because every other service I've tried has this connection, they must be paying for a lower tier of connections and don't have everything Intuit has to offer (Intuit has this connection in their own products).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.