Mobile App: Ability to create a subcategory when entering a transaction [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
RobA1701
RobA1701 Member
edited October 2023 in Feature Requests
Right now if I want to assign a new category that I want to be a subcategory to an existing parent category, I have to go back after creating it during transaction assignment and move it to a parent category. Can this be added to the create category dialog when assigning transaction categories? Thanks!
4 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The ability to create Subcategories from a transaction on the Mobile App is now available!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobA1701,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I went ahead and moved this off of the Ideas list, as the ability to create a subcategory from the Transaction View already exists in Simplifi: 

If I'm missing something with your request, such as being for the Mobile App specifically, please let me know, and I'd be happy to put this post back under Feature Requests. Or if you're seeing an issue with this ability, please let me know as well! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobA1701
    RobA1701 Member
    Options
    Not in the ios app. 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @RobA1701,

Thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and turned this back into an Idea post for the Mobile App specifically -- this would be a great ability to add there; you've got my vote! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobA1701
    RobA1701 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think so too. 😀
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can add new categories when editing transactions, but I can’t assign them to parent categories. If I go through Settings > Categories, I can. It would be convenient to receive the same prompt in settings (that asks for category name, type, and subcategory) as when editing individual transactions.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello All,

Great news — when creating a Category from a transaction on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, you'll now also have the option to make it a Subcategory! 😁

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.