Recurring Transaction Times

Options
myf
myf Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
Please note that " Every Three Months" is not available as a choice for frequency when creating a recurring transaction. Many bills are sent quarterly (my water bill for example). Also, many people pay various taxes each quarter, so being able to schedule every three months is critical.
4 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Every Quarter and Every 2 Months Frequencies Added

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

This is wonderful feedback!!! I can see what you want to have a option for "Every Three Months" would be helpful for those quarterly bills!

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem. My trash bill is due every **four **months. I guess we need to add more options! Thanks for the tip!

• bkushner
    Options

How are you all handling quarterly bills since there isn't that option. It would be nice to have that option.

• Coach Paco
    Options

@bkushner, Appreciate your suggestion!

• Yes, I second that suggested product improvement. There does not appear to be a way to assign a recurring transaction to repeat quarterly.

• jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    Options

I just starting using Simplifi yesterday and I am really liking what I see. I have wanted to move away from Quicken desktop entirely to a web-based solution and am glad it is finally here. :) I have to be honest that I was quite surprised that quarterly recurring bills was not already an option to begin with. My trash and HOA dues are both due quarterly. The HOA itself is $225 per quarter so I am not talking about a small amount of money. I really like what I see in Simplifi but the fact that we have to ask for basic functionality concerns me. Having a damn quarterly option doesn't seem to be something that would be that difficult to have added up front or even now.

• Coach Paco
    Options

@jaarso I appreciate the feedback and we have submitted that suggestion to our team!

• jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Coach Paco said:
    @jaarso I appreciate the feedback and we have submitted that suggestion to our team!

Thank you sir!! I started using Quicken for Windows in the early 90's many years ago and then Quicken Mac for the past few years which is much nicer. I stopped using Quicken entirely a few months ago and started using Mint heavily. For a few years now, I have been waiting for you guys to finally come out with a product that does not rely on the desktop and I got a lot of it set up yesterday. Things are looking really good so far!! I am not sure about the others but for me, the quarterly recurring option is a must have.

• Coach Paco
    Options

@jaarso Once we have more information we will post it in the community, so stay tuned :) !

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I am asking if this is a recurring transaction, the choices are very limited. For example, we pay our Water Bill quarterly, so every 3 month is not a choice. I think it should be more flexible than the choices you have there for now I am getting in correct data and incorrect balance projections.
  • TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ***Corrected a typo***

When I am asked if this is a recurring transaction, the choices are very limited. For example, we pay our Water Bill quarterly, so every 3 month is not a choice. I think it should be more flexible than the choices you have there for now I am getting in correct data and incorrect balance projections.
  • TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am moving this topic to IOS since I noticed it in IOS App
  • Coach Paco
    Options

@TGP I moved your discussion here. We have an idea already posted for it in our community :) !

• Coach Paco
    Options

@TGP Your post was moved here!

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All -- We're happy to announce that we've added two additional frequency options: Every Quarter and Every 2 Months. We're working on a Custom frequency, but we don't have an ETA as to when that will be added. Thank you all for your great feedback! Keep it coming!

This discussion has been closed.