Get rid of "Everything Else" and show all Categories on the Spending Report graph (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• Blockman
    Blockman Member
    Options

I agree the biggest issue I have with Simplifi is the "everything else" category. The user, us, should have the option of showing every category and not having "everything else." This issue and the lack of a credit score are my biggest negatives with Simplifi.

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

@Blockman I believe Simplifi recently announced a credit score feature. It might be beta, I can’t remember

@Coach Kristina can you enlighten us about whether a credit score feature has been announced?

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Blockman
    Blockman Member
    Options

Yes, I was able to add my Credit Score today. I now have the score and it will be updated monthly. So, all I need now is for the software to correct the "everything category" so all the actual categories are displayed on the page. We shouldn't have to click on "everything" to see the category list.

• Jakebernardi
    edited March 6
    Options

basically in the title. I use this app primarily to keep track of how much I spend in every category individually. When they’re grouped together in an “everything else” category it’s essentially just the same as looking at my credit card statement which doesn’t give me any valuable information

• Blockman
    Blockman Member
    Options

Jake,

I agree with you the biggest negative of the app is the "everything else" category which should be optional. Instead, we should be able to

display all categories on the screen. Hopefully, the software developers will fix this issue.

• jercy
    jercy Member
    Options

One more vote to see all the categories of spend at once in the Text as well as Bar chart view. It would be great to have customization to group categories for easier viewing if there are multiple smaller % categories.

Mint was providing many of these features for Free for years and now with Quicken Simplifi charging $$$ but lacking the reporting. I see so many of asked for this feature. If you are not going to update this soon, you will soon see folks leaving to other apps.

• Bread01
    Bread01 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well said. As a long time Mint user, I too am disappointed in the quality of the Simplifi reporting, particularly for the web version. It is especially frustrating that I now have to pay for a lower quality product that doesn’t meet my needs as well as Mint did. I hope Simplifi works to improve their web reporting so it is on par with Mint, and do it faster than they have made other improvements historically. It would also save me the hassle of having to continue to evaluate alternatives to Mint.

Simplifi User Since February 2024

Mint User Since 2011

User Type: Monitor Net Income and Grow Net Worth

• GToTheJo
    GToTheJo Member
    Options

I agree with the inadequacy of “every thing else” as a category in the report. I also would love to see drill down into sub-categories in both the online and mobile app. I used this all the time in Mint to understand where my spending across categories and in a particulate category was going. It’s a bit frustrating to go from a category graph to all the detail of all transactions. You can’t see the forest for the trees.

• Tito
    Tito Member
    Options

Please allow the possibility to view all categories without any grouping into “everything else”.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I personally don't want to see all of my categories at once, especially in the mobile app. But I would like to be able to drill down into Everything Else like I can on the web app

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• JeeBAr
    JeeBAr Member
    Options

Hear hear. Please give us control over category display. Batching things into Everything Else is fine by default but inability to manage what's grouped/hidden/nested and what isn't is very annoying.

• User209J7H!
    Options

Please allow this to show ALL categories at one time! No need to see the transactions here - allow it to scroll and print!!!

• muel87
    muel87 Member
    Options

I understand why some categories get lumped together into and "everything else" category on the pie chart view (the pie chart might get more difficult to read). However, this doesnt stop the software from displaying tiny pie slices when looking at the sub-categories; all categories are shown no matter how small.

There is no reason not to list all the categories on the bar graph view. It doesnt make it any more difficult to read. Transparency into category spending is just needlessly obscured by the "everything else" category in this view.

• LDC
    LDC Member
    Options

Currently I can see 8 items and then "everything else". You can keep clicking through everything else, which is awesome. But I'd love the option to see Top 50 on the first screen. Yes, I know that gets cluttered, but I would prefer it. Empower actually puts ALL of them and I love it.

• LDC
    LDC Member
    Options

One option would be to just give people the option. On the charts, have a toggle on/off "Top 10 View" or "Show All". For those of you who haven't used it, the Empower equivalent report pie chart DOES include all categories and I really prefer how it is on Empower. (Still prefer Simplifi overall to be clear!)