This discussion was created from comments split from: Onity Mortgage.
Interesting, so Onity Mortgage is now available, but there is no transaction history and the mortgage balance shows positive instead of negative. Worthless, but at least Onity Mortgage is on there instead of PHH…
Hello @Adam14342,
Thank you for letting us know you can connect now! It's normal for connected mortgage accounts to not show any transaction history. For more information, please see this article: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/4593261-how-to-track-loans-and-liabilities-in-quicken-simplifi
To troubleshoot the issue with the balance showing positive instead of negative, please try making the account manual, then add and link the account. To make the account manual, please follow these steps from our article on making accounts manual:
Once the conversion is complete, the accounts will appear in the Manual Accounts section.
To add and link the accounts, please follow these steps from our article on adding accounts and our article on linking accounts:
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact Quicken Simplifi Support directly by phone or chat for further assistance. For information about contacting Quicken Simplifi Support, please see this article: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support#h_ae9ae33e3e
I hope this helps!
Hi @Coach Kristina , thanks for your post here! The issue @Adam14342 reports above is a long-standing issue I reported months ago (when Onity was still labeled as PHH Mortgage in the system), but the Simplifi escalation team never addressed it. Given @Adam14342 is experiencing the same issue as I did even AFTER the institution was updated to Onity in the system, it still needs to be investigated and fixed. I opened ticket#: 12389557 on 5/4/2026 with a simple request: my mortgage balance comes into Simplifi from the institution as a positive balance (i.e. as an asset when it should be a liability), so just put a negative sign in front of it to make it a loan.
The Simplifi escalation team couldn't accomplish this task in two months. Despite them asking me for additional screenshots in the follow up, they still couldn't do it. We're not building rockets here. Just make the positive amount negative.
Here's what made this so frustrating: I have other software that uses the same aggregators as Simplifi and the data comes through correctly. I KNOW this is a Simplifi issue (not an aggregator issue) because when I initially connect Simplifi to the Onity site during the onboarding process, it shows the mortgage account with the correct value and a negative balance on screen, but as soon as the account is added, the balance becomes positive and is treated as an asset.
After two months of the case being open but never addressed, I deleted my mortgage account connected to the Onity site and instead manage my mortgage manually (which isn't ideal and creates more work for me). If I continued to leave it connected for the Simplifi escalation team to continue to do nothing with it (when they were supposed to be investigating and fixing it), all it was accomplishing was artificially inflating my net worth and skewing my data. I was tired of looking at the wrong mortgage and net worth data in Simplifi, so I threw in the towel.
Simplifi has at least two highly motivated and responsive users in @Adam14342 and me who want their Onity mortgage balance correctly reflected in Simplifi, but if the Simplifi escalation team doesn't fix what appears to be a relatively simple issue in a timely fashion, why should we have to wait for months on end with bad data in Simplifi? Sorry for all the venting :)
@Duke0486, thank you for the additional insight, and we apologize for the frustration caused by this issue.
I located the escalation ticket (CTP-17190), and it looks like it was closed because our service provider (Finicity) implemented a fix. If that is not the case for you, I recommend contacting our Support team directly to let them know, as they have the tools to gather any necessary data and re-escalate the issue. https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support
I also checked your connection attempts from our end and don't see anything for Onity Mortgage. I recommend trying the connection again before reaching out to Support so the connection data is in our systems for further review.
Our help article here goes over connecting to a bank in Quicken Simplifi: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi#h_518c0a0896
And our help article here has the steps for linking the connection to your existing account, if you wish to do so, versus just adding it as a new account for testing purposes: https://intercom.help/acme-1e77d279bfd5/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts
Let us know how things go in case it helps other users!
It's surprising the dev team or whoever is working on [removed - speculation] is taking so long for any kind of progress.
@Duke0486, thank you for the information and for sharing your experience!
While I understand your concern, posting in the community won't speed up a fix. To keep the issue in the queue, our Support team needs to know that the last fix didn't work. They can then gather any necessary data and resubmit the issue.
I apologize that you didn't receive communication when the ticket was closed previously. I'm not entirely sure what Support's processes are for reaching back out to users with updates, but you can check your messages from them at any time by navigating to Messages in the Help Center.
Once an issue has been escalated, you can also reach out to request an update. Our Support team is available 7 days a week from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST.
I hope this clarifies why reaching out to Support again is the best path to take right now. Let us know how things go!
This was happening to me as well. I ultimately changed it to a manual account. I have not tried to readd this recently.
I just tried adding it again and still shows a positive balance even when it shows a negative balance when adding like @Duke0486 screen snips show. I'll just continue to manually update especially since it won't pull transactions in either.