Fidelity Investments at i.fidelity.com (edited)

PEM
PEM Member
Trying to add Simple IRA from Fidelity Investments.  The URL is i.fidelity.com. However, this URL is not an option in account setup.  Could this be added?
Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @PEM,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding Fidelity!

I'm not seeing that specific URL in our system for Fidelity, however, we have some existing Fidelity options that seem to allow our Users to add any of their Fidelity account types to Simplifi. For example, we have "Fidelity Investments", "Fidelity 401k", "Fidelity Netbenefits", etc. I would suggest attempting to add your Fidelity account(s) with some of the existing options to see if they can get you connected.

Please let me know how it goes! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • PEM
    PEM Member
    Hello Coach Natalie, 

Tried all url's associated with fidelity. Still no luck.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @PEM,

Thanks for giving the other Fidelity options a try and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that none of them worked for you!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post to request that this specific URL for Fidelity be added to the program so that other Users can add their votes, and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @PEM - I was also stumped when trying to add my Fidelity Investments account, as they have several <subdomain>.fidelity.com URLs. After trying all of them, I was finally successful, painstaking as it was.

@"Coach Natalie" - It seems the first person to request/add the respective institution suggests the name, and that's what sticks. In other words, if I request to add "Fidelity NetBenefits - https://netbenfits.fidelity.com", that's what will show up for everyone wanting to add an account via Simplifi. However, when NetBenefits starts using https://ofx.fidelity.com, I can't connect to it.

Is there any way to provide feedback on the labels (which aren't always accurate or current) for the various URLs or provide updated URLs when they change?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @5impl5abi,

Thanks for the inquiry regarding bank URLs!

We actually don't have any control over these, unfortunately -- your bank provides this information when we initially establish the connection with them. Sometimes the user-facing URL seen in the product is not the actual URL used to connect from the backend, however, this is the URL that your bank has requested we display during the connection process. 

If you'd like to request to have this information changed, you would need to do so with your bank directly; they can then contact Intuit's OFX Connectivity Team to let them know that the wrong URL is being displayed. You can provide your bank with this page as well: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • looking4OPH
    looking4OPH Member ✭✭
    Any update on Fidelity NetBenefits?  Looks like nothing here in a year.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for the inquiry, @looking4OPH!

Unfortunately, there's no further update on this request at this time. As soon as an update does become available, we'll be sure to update this post accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.