Ability to run Reports by Subcategory (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    edited February 24
    Options

Piling on. Would love to see:

1/ subcategory breakdowns work on mobile

2/ subcategory breakdowns work for trended charts

3/ automatic 3rd level breakdown to switch to “payee” within the subcategory

Happy to give a more detailed spec if any of that isn’t clear enough.

• LDC
    LDC Member
    Options

Yes, I know you can see subcategories within a category, but then you can only compare across ones in THAT category. I want to see all subcategories. Please!

• LDC
    LDC Member
    Options

My first use case for this is simply that the budget items that I can most control are spread out across different categories. So for example I want to be able to see how Food>Restaurants is doing compared to Entertainment>Concerts versus 10 others also in different categories, to evaluate where I can reign in spending. My second use case is that I used this (in Mint and Empower) to quickly spot classification errors. If I'm scanning my top spending subcategories and suddenly parking is in my top 10, I can go in and quickly see that, oh, my plane tickets got misclassifed as parking. This happens all the time. Right now I find it by dropping into EACH category one by one, and scanning that way. Tedious.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@LDC I would propose that both of those use cases would be solved by using Watchlists.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye