Tell us how you plan to track your vacation in Simplifi!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
With summer right around the corner, and restrictions from the pandemic starting to lift, we know that a lot of you are planning a vacation over the next few months. We'd love to hear how you plan to track your various vacation expenses in Simplifi! Or, if you have any suggestions on how to do so, please feel free to share your knowledge! :smiley:

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    I have been tracking all of my spending for my hiking/camping trip on a Watchlist to track what I'm spending on all of my hiking and camping gear before I go out to the local mountain range! 

I tag all of my transaction with my less than creative tag, Hiking Vaca Stuff, to know that I'm not going too overboard with my preparations! 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 15
    I just got back from a wonderful vacation to San Francisco! I was very simple with my tracking, as I had a good chunk of money saved up for accommodations and spending, so I didn't keep track of anything while I was actually on vacation.

Before I left, however, I created a new category called "Vacation", and when I got back, I made sure to categorize any of the transactions using the 'Vacation' category. I then excluded the transactions from my Spending Plan, and, instead, ran a Spending Report on the category to determine how much I needed to take out of savings to cover what I spent. 

This method allowed me to enjoy my vacation without having to keep track of finances, as well as allowed me to easily allot the expenses as I saw fit, as soon as I got back. :smiley:  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file