Enter Spending Plan/Budget in Table View

sNashville
sNashville Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I would to be able to enter my budget in using a 'table view' like we can do in Quicken now.

1 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Our Product Team plans to add a 12-month table view to the Spending Plan that will display the items in a customizable row format!

Comments

• AZSharps
    AZSharps Member ✭✭
    This is a great idea!
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    Love it!
  • ffurja
    ffurja Member
    Hello, what is the status of this feature?  The last update was from November 2021.  This will be a very helpful feature when released.  Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for reaching out, @ffurja!

Sadly, there's no update or ETA to provide on this request as of yet. Once an update does become available, we'll be sure to update this post accordingly, so please be sure to stay tuned. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • lframme
    lframme Member
    Please rush to complete a feature to produce an annual spending plan or budget. This would greatly enhance the usefulness of Simplifi. It is of limited use without the ability to "see" the full year.
  • I am truly missing this feature from the Quicken desktop application. i would love to see this feature or some simplified version of it to manage budgets v actual spending. I review this annually with my financial planner.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie,

With the status of this idea being "In Progress", am I correct that it means Simplifi's developers are  currently looking into/considering it?  If so, that's awesome!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2022
    Great question, @Flopbot!

'In Progress' actually means that the Team is currently working on this and it will become available in Simplifi at some point in the future. If you see any Ideas that have an 'In Review' status, these are the requests that are being considered but are not actually planned. 

Although the Team has now made Future Spending Plans available, there will be more upgrades coming to the Spending Plan, such as the table view, a forecasting/what-if tool, as well as the ability to see trends. No ETA as of yet, but these abilities are forthcoming!

Additionally, since we've been experiencing issues with Idea posts here in the Community, a lot of them are missing the status notes (you can see an example of a status note here), which definitely makes the status less clear. I've tried adding status notes back to some, but they keep disappearing, so I'm holding off until the Community bugs are resolved.

At any rate, this Idea should include a note with the "In Progress" status stating something along the lines of "We are currently working on adding a 12-month table view to the Spending Plan that will display the items in a customizable row format".

I hope this helps clear things up!

-Coach Natalie
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Hi, any updates on this one? It will be great to have.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present