Ability to Ignore part of a split transaction [edited] (3 Merged Votes)

Options
13»

Comments

• MichaelJohn984
    edited February 25
    Options

Hello! My partner and I share expenses, for example, our internet bill. If it's $40, I can split it in Simplifi but I can't ignore/hide her portion of the transaction from my spending plan. I see this is a popular request, and we have to know—-is this feature coming soon?

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

Your request already exists and it is popular. Vote for it below by going to the first page of the discussion and clicking on the up arrow.

[Merged Post]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

Agreed

• Jillvee
    Options

I hope that feature is added soon. I came from Mint and it's a feature that I used frequently. I would also appreciate an app which would be iPad ready.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

@Jillvee

Does this post suggest what you want? If so, you should add your vote there. The more votes, the higher priority it will likely receive.

[removed link to merged thread]

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the interim, the android app works well (*and has for years) on a tablet, except it's locked in portrait mode, which is inconvenient if you use a keyboard case.

Rob Wilkens

• aolafsson
    aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

+1 I'd like to see this feature. Really, to treat splits each as their own transaction after they've been created, with all the features a base transaction has.

• NB1
    NB1 Member
    Options

I share a CC with my gf and this would be helpful. It was a feature I used often in Mint.

• MLX2000
    MLX2000 Member
    Options

agree, please allow for ignore from reports feature for 1/2 of the split but not the other 1/2; was a very useful feature in mint

• reebee728
    Options

Please add this feature. I split bills/transactions with my partner and Simplifi won't work for me if I don't have this feature.

• dcbaker77
    Options

Unable to continue using simplifi as this simple feature is missing.

• kamone33
    Options

I would like to see this as well. We often pay for dinner with friends and then split the transaction with their portion of the meal. Since we cannot exclude the split transaction from our spending plan and reports, we are always over budget for dining and drinks.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

What I do in this type of situation is that when the friends reimburse you for their portion, set that transaction's category as Dining & Drinks. That way, it'll act as a "negative expense" and subtract from your spending plan so you aren't over budget anymore. This works great except when the reimbursement doesn't happen in the same month as the expense. (Though I'm hoping that Rollover will fix this issue)

• erebusnux121
    Options

Yes. We need this feature.

• reek
    reek Member
    Options

Please launch this! For me, It basically breaks using Quicken not having it

• db84489
    db84489 Member
    edited April 9
    Options

This is a very important feature for every mint user!! PERIOD! Simplifi is simply not helpful without this feature. Pls prioritize as #1 as all mint users will offboard pretty soon. I appreciate you being open to taking in feature requests unlike others. I assure you once you implement this feature, measure user retainment, daily active users, and user churn, and you will thank all of us requesting this feature :)