Match Downloads to Scheduled Transactions, even if the Amounts slightly differ (edited)

mazar1977
mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Feature Requests

Sometimes scheduled transactions can be off by a few days or a few dollars.
Example: I may have it scheduled to pay my rent (1000.00) on the 1st of every month but this month they charged me a late fee because I paid it late. So the download was 1025.00 on Jan 2nd.

It would be great if when Simplify downloads the transaction, it says "Is this the instance of Rent scheduled on Jan 1?" and if I say yes, it marked the scheduled transaction as completed and has the updated date and amount instead of having it sit there with WAITING. That WAITING list can get very long if dates and amounts are off by a little bit.

12 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Downloaded transactions will match to Recurring Reminders even if the amount differs!

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@mazar1977 I agree, great suggestion!

• i agree too

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin

This is a great suggestion and I hope we can get something like this implemented. In the meantime, you can remove the WAITING transactions from the Calendar view, at the top of your register, by clicking on the status WAITING and selecting Delete Planned Instance. Selecting this option does not delete any future instances of this recurring transaction.

• mazar1977
    mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Coach Nicole Posting an update. I just noticed a PERFECT example of this issue and why if it's even off by a penny it will cause things to sit in "Waiting". (I would post a screenshot but you guys make it so the picture has to be hosted somewhere and not just upload to the post which... don't even get me STARTED on that. I will email if you provide an address and need proof of what I'm talking about)

The date of the downloaded transaction was exactly the same date as the scheduled item
    The name of the vendor was the same
    Only difference was literally 3 cents.

Please please please please tell me you guys are addressing this. I mean if it can't even recognize a difference by a few pennies, that's pretty bad and causes a TON of extra work for the user to delete all these things sitting in "waiting".

• Coach Paco

@mazar1977 We now have the option to match downloaded transactions to established recurring transactions. You would need to click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the transactions. Once that dropdown loads, towards the left you will see a toggle that says, 'is this a bill?' Hit the toggle and after that click 'Assign to existing bill.' Select your recurring transaction and it will match it! So you don't have to delete a recurring transaction each time!

• mazar1977
    mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Paco said:
    @mazar1977 We now have the option to match downloaded transactions to established recurring transactions. You would need to click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the transactions. Once that dropdown loads, towards the left you will see a toggle that says, 'is this a bill?' Hit the toggle and after that click 'Assign to existing bill.' Select your recurring transaction and it will match it! So you don't have to delete a recurring transaction each time!

Thats a great step in the right direction, but still doesn't solve the issue of the program not matching a scheduled item to a downloaded one if the date or amount is a little off. Any progress on that or plans to solve for that?

• Coach Paco

@mazar1977 I understand your frustration with this but there are going to be times where the transactions will have to be matched this way, for now. We are looking into it but for the time being this is what you will have to do to match the recurring transactions. Once we have an update we will post a response on this post :smile:

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @mazar1977 & All,

Thanks for the feedback provided here!

It seems to me that this request has been implemented. I have Recurring Bills set up for estimated amounts, and when the actual transaction downloads in Simplifi, it still gets automatically matched to the Reminder even though the amount differs. Does anyone disagree?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.