An Update from Eric Dunn, Quicken CEO

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited April 2022 in Announcements
Dear Simplifi user,

I am writing to give an update about a change in ownership at Quicken Inc. Today, October 1, the majority owner of our company, HIG Capital, is selling its stake in Quicken and a new private equity firm, Aquiline Capital Partners, is buying. Management—including me, as CEO—and employees will continue on as before.

Although change can be a cause for concern, in this case, there’s nothing to be anxious about: the Aquiline team is an experienced group of fintech investors who believe in Quicken and Simplifi. They want us to continue to provide great personal finance software tools while adding additional service and software capabilities that will make sense to our users. Importantly, the members of the Aquiline team are Quicken users themselves, going back as far as 1992. As such, they have a clear understanding of what we do and what matters to our customers. I am excited to be partnering with Aquiline and look forward to accomplishing great things in the years ahead. And that will include continuing to work to make Quicken and Simplifi reliable, functional, easy to use, and well supported by our Care teams.

I would also like to thank our outgoing owners, HIG Capital. They believed in Quicken at a time when our fortunes were at a low ebb and allowed us to make the needed investments to improve our products and services. HIG prioritized solving real customer problems, and they were supportive of our team. We extend our thanks to HIG.

And thank you for being a Quicken (or Simplifi) user!

Eric Dunn

CEO, Quicken Inc.

Comments

• tapierce
    tapierce Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Out of all the personal finance apps currently available, Simplifi has the most potential (by far). As an avid user I can only hope that Aquiline recognizes this and continues down the same road that HIG has been paving. Fingers crossed!
    ~Terry

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." ~ Paul Ehrlich
  • Karlene
    Karlene Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I’m excited to hear of the new management team and your  knowledge of Quicken.
    Ive been a power usr of Quicken for at least a dozen years. I love everything EXCEPT the Budget!
    Simplify’s look/feel is just what I have been hoping for Quicken to have for years!
    How do you envision merging the two products?

what I’m hoping for with Simplify: Replace Quicken’s budget module!
    1. Allow me to continue using the powerful Quicken product with Categories which I’ve set up to feed into  TurboTax .I’ve also set up many recurring and split transactions.
    2. Automatically Feed my Quicken data to Simplify to set up and track my Budget, especially for mandatory/automatic and discretionary/manual entry on web app.
    3. Continually Rollover remaining to be spent for each category.
    4. Allow me to use the mobile features track my discretionary spending so I know what’s left to spend.

If this sounds like it matches your vision for Simplify GREAT.

Please connect me with a tech support person who can help me get set up.

Karlene Ellsworth 
    [removed email for privacy]
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hello @Karlene,

Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to Simplifi!

Unfortunately, Simplifi does not currently offer the ability to import data from Quicken, and I'm not aware of any plans to add this -- more details can be found here. I'm also not aware of any plans to feed Simplifi data to TurboTax, however, you are more than welcome to create an Idea post requesting this ability. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

In regards to the third item, assuming that you're referring to the Spending Plan when mentioning rollover abilities, this is also currently not available in Simplifi, but we do have an existing Idea post that I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/114/add-budget-spending-plan-start-each-new-month-with-the-previous-months-leftover-amount-option

For the last item, it definitely sounds like this is something that's currently offered, as the ability to track your 'left to spend' is available in the Spending Plan section of the Simplifi Mobile App. 

I hope this helps, but please be sure to let me know if you have any questions! Also, for future reference, any product-related feedback or issues can be posted in the respective Category in the Community, so that each item can receive individual and proper attention. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/

Thanks in advance! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.