Sync scheduled payments (or statement balances and due dates) for credit cards/loans

CrazyIvan
CrazyIvan Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

One of the big things I'd want to see in a platform that links all my finances is a way to see if I have enough cash in my checking account to cover my bills for the month. Currently, Simplifi can be used to create recurring bills and transactions. This is okay for bills that don't change, like subscriptions. However, for revolving credit lines, the statement balance changes each month.

I don't want to make a recurring bill for last month's payment. I want to see my current statement balance and the due date. It seems that the current total balance is already imported from each bank. I'd suggest importing some more information from accounts that would make the upcoming transactions list more useful.

3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

With the addition of Bill Connect, you can now link your Credit Cards to Billers and see the Statement Balance, as well as the Due Date, once that information becomes available.

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin

Welcome to Simplifi, @CrazyIvan. Thank you so much for this feedback. At this time, we don't have any plans to add the ability to link billers and statements in Simplifi. However, if this is something you desire in a personal finance management app, I'd like to recommend you try Quicken. Quicken offers the ability to connect with more than 10,000 billers and will let you know the amounts and due dates for your bills. Additionally, Quicken offers a Web and Mobile Companion app, so you can access your data on the go.

• CrazyIvan
    CrazyIvan Member

Hi Nicole, that's disappointing to hear. Unfortunately, for me this is one of the main reasons to use a finance tracking service. It may be a deal breaker to be honest. As I'm sure you know, this is something your free competitors offer, so I'm not sure I'd move to Quicken.

Anyway, thank you for the response.

• mav
    mav Member
    edited January 2020

I'd like to 2nd this feature request. Credit cards will always have a different bill total every month, so a fixed dollar amount when adding a recurring bill does not always make sense. Without this feature, the "projected balance" in a checking account will never be accurate unless each recurring credit card bill that isn't a fixed amount is entered manually every time.

If this is not on the roadmap, I'll likely be cancelling my subscription. Thanks for your consideration.

• natelaff
    natelaff Member

Is this still not being considered? I don't even care about linking to online, but the ability to at least estimate the credit card bill based on the current balance is needed. You can't have an accurate projected balance without this...?

• asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree we may not need the full statement, but the true balance to be paid would be useful; it is a nice to have feature.

This discussion has been closed.