Need Copy & Paste or Ability to Duplicate Transactions with Multiple Split Categories (edited)

Options
harinath
harinath Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Feature Requests
transactions such as paycheck have multiple split Categories, in my case i have around 15 categories in one single transaction. It is tedious to manually split the transaction for every new paycheck. Please add Transaction Copy & Paste feature (similar to Quicken)
33 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @harinath,

Thanks for posting, this is a great idea!

I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting the ability to copy & paste or duplicate transactions in Simplifi so that other Users can add their votes and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to also add your vote! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • newpoFran
    Options
    1. I'd like to be able to duplicate a transaction and then change the date.
    2. I'd like to create transaction templates.
    3. I want to schedule transactions that don't occur at regular intervals.
    Thanks!
  • dl30
    dl30 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Adding that I would like to see transaction Copy & Paste functionality. Thank you!
  • LWrathBudget
    LWrathBudget Member ✭✭
    Options
    Voting for this as well. This would be a helpful workaround since we can't split in the recurring transactions (yet).
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What would work great here is a special feature like what cousin Quicken has in which you can set up a paycheck once then set it as a recurring deposit.  Simplifi already picks up the recurring paycheck deposits, just need to add the ability to set up a full paycheck for those who want/need to track all deductions.  But this would also need to lead to being able to record transfers to investment accounts for those making contributions to 401(k), etc.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • MikeSaki
    Options
    Agreed.  A copy/paste type function or the ability to duplicate/clone a transaction to be modified would be nice.  
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This has got to be a high priority.
  • Henryir
    Options
    Yes this feature should be considered in the roadmap.
  • SeattleGuy
    SeattleGuy Member ✭✭
    Options

Another vote for this type of clone transaction feature. My use case is that one of my banks does not support OAuth. For security reasons I will not share my username/password for that bank. This means I have to manually enter all transactions for that bank into Simplifi. They tend to be similar transactions, so I need the ability to clone a previous transaction and then change the date and amount and perhaps other fields as needed.

• Tina5757
    Options

This would save a lot of users a lot of time. Would really add value to the product. I need it for the manual entries to my cash and a few other manual accounts.

• tar heel_95
    Options

Agree, this should really be a priority and would be time saving for many users.

• LoriW
    Options

Agree this copy and paste functionality in Simplifi is really needed. Want to copy then change date! Would save me lots of time!

Any timeline when this function might be available?

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would use this for manual cash transactions, and occasionally for checks.

• Cmgonzo
    Cmgonzo Member
    Options

Agree, this is essential. I have monthly bills with the same splits every month and hate to retype them every single time. Quicken used to do this!

• jimburatti
    jimburatti Member
    Options

YES need the ability to COPY any transaction and make a duplicate.. so many uses for this. I NEED this feature.

• riverbouy
    Options

YES, need this ability for sure