Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (2 Merged Votes)

looking4OPH
looking4OPH Member ✭✭
Need support for retirement investments.  This is not the stock plan.
https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/
Tagged:
27 votes

Completed · Last Updated

It appears that Morgan Stanley Wealth Management accounts can be connected using the "Citi Smith Barney IRA" option in Quicken Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2021
    Hello @looking4OPH,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

It looks like we have already requested Morgan Stanley ClientServ with a URL of https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/. Although we are working to establish this connection, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to add a requested bank to Simplifi, nor do I have an ETA to provide on the request. 

I'll be sure to post back as soon as any updates become available! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • SumoSniper
    SumoSniper Member
    edited January 2022
    Simplifi currently supports Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect but not its regular investment accounts.  This is the login page: https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/
  • clikdude
    clikdude Member
    This request has been made by several others, including folks from Morgan Stanley, here, since 2020, and we are in January, 2022 with no progress.

I may need to make a product / service decision here, so we need to know if this is in the Backlog, or it has been summarily decided by Quicken / Simplifi Engineering that this will not be supported.

Request: Add access to Morgan Stanley Retirement Accounts
    URL: https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/

Thank you for any "specific" updates. Yes, we may choose to walk away from Simplifi if your response is that this is not in the Backlog, or you don't know.

Thank you for your candor and transparency.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @clikdude,

Thanks for posting!

Sadly, there is no update to provide on this request at this time. I can confirm that Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has been requested, however, there is no ETA on if or when we'll be able to add them. With that being said, I'd suggest following this post for future updates.

I hope this helps! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • questionmark14
    questionmark14 Member ✭✭✭
    Following and adding the need for a distinction between Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and Morgan Stanley Cash Management (currently same URL in quicken but only one is visible in Simplifi)
  • kibby
    kibby Member
    I am trialing the software and need Morgan Stanley Wealth Management  added to it.  Any updates on this other than "I can confirm that Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has been requested, however, there is no ETA"?
  • Akunosh
    Akunosh Member
    Please add a connection for Morgan Stanley Online Client Serv. I use their Cash Plus account but have to manually import transactions or add them one at a time. It uses UMB Bank like Fidelity. 

• Any updates on adding Morgan Stanley Online Client Serv - https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com
  • Coach Natalie
    No further update at this time, @euger1972. Please be sure to follow this post for future updates, though. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Any updates on Morgan Stanley cash account access? This will impact whether our family keeps this app. We love it but our banking is moving to Morgan Stanley and would render this useless. 

• adralustig
    adralustig Member

Please add this

• It makes no sense in why MS isn't supported. Simplifi and Quicken are the same company. I will need to request a refund.

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

Please support connection to Morgan Stanley accounts. https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/

It looks like this was requested a long time ago. I haven't actually seen any other financial software that doesn't support this connection (Quicken Mac/Windows, [removed] etc).

Another thing to note is that eTrade is now part of MS and their services are going to merge. You currently support eTrade, but if their URL changes and you don't support MS, this might be a problem in the very near future.

• Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭✭

I too would like to see Morgan Stanley added to the list of supported connections. Especially now with the merger with ETrade. As others have noted, Morgan Stanley is a huge financial institution (even larger now with the merger with ETrade). As such, it should be a high priority to establish a connection with them.

• Updates?

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

update?

• Coach Natalie

No further updates at this time, everyone — sorry! As soon as any news becomes available, we'll be sure to post it.

-Coach Natalie

• Just jumping on the band wagon….I too would like to see access to Morgan Stanley. Previously I had all my accounts at E*Trade and over the past 18 months I’ve migrated it all to Morgan Stanley. I’m currently tracking each account separately and it’s rather clunky.

• perbus
    perbus Member

Why does Morgan Stanley work on Mint and not Simplifi?

• taknight
    taknight Member ✭✭

For real though. If my CashPlus and retirement accounts cannot be linked to Simplifi.. then I will be finding another budgeting app. I do not want to manually enter transactions and totals.

• +1, I'm looking for a mint.com replacement, and exploring Simplifi as an alternative. I'm in the 90-day free trial period and I won't pay for the service unless I can automatically sync my Morgan Stanley investments. Same URL as the previous commenters.

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭

@cmchattie - BRILLIANT! THANK YOU for sharing!

• taknight
    taknight Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023

My gods. It worked. Thank you, kind stranger. I think I already like this better than YNAB.
    Edit: Yeah. It looks as though my transactions through Morgan are not syncing. All of my accounts are showing up with accurate totals.. but no transactions. Interesting development.

• taknight
    taknight Member ✭✭

Okay. Update - I used "Citi Smith Barney IRA" to successfully connect my Morgan Stanley account. You can see the balances of all my accounts.. retirement included.. but none of the transactions come through. Anyone have any success or tips? Thanks in advance. @Coach Natalie any updates on when this will be possible for those of us that would love to commit to the app?

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭

I thought I was alone in not seeing transactions, but clearly that's a affecting others as well. Please help, @Coach Natalie ?

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023

If anyone is seeing an issue in Quicken Simplifi outside of requesting that Morgan Stanley Wealth Management be supported, please be sure to create a separate post to report it and we'd be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member

This worked for me, too. I'm nominating you for the title of honorary coach.

• Gosh, I wish Morgan Stanley was supported after the Mint fallout. I really liked the software but as is we really needed those transactions for lots of accounting. :(

This discussion has been closed.