Add 'Averages' to Reports (edited)

rb94
rb94 Member
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests
I would like to be able to see monthly averages added to the reporting page. For example when completing an annual review of my spending, I would like to know what my average monthly expenses are for some categories. 
35 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed. When showing yearly totals, it would be nice to have the option to know the average monthly expense/income/net income etc. I would also like to see monthly averages for categories, since some bills or expenses are quarterly and are not reflected month-to-month.
  • I don't know about everyone, but my family's spending can fluctuate quite a bit in some categories month over month. It would be very helpful to be able to view the average spending in each category over several months, not just the sum total. This would be useful in helping to set realistic budgeting targets for different categories where I don't have a strong sense of what my budget should be.

For the "over time" view, an option to see a rolling average would be nice, also, so we could see how these averages might fluctuate over time (thinking about holiday spending vs. normal spending, etc.)

• When generating a Spending Report by Category graphed over time, it also shows the average monthly expenditures (or some period of time). This helps with performing better analysis for budgeting.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this idea. Chase does this on one of their planning & spending monthly summaries where they chart by month.

Rob Wilkens

• K.W.
    K.W. Member

I strongly support showing averages for net income. It is one of two missing features which is making me hesitant to use Simplifi. My income and expenses vary month to month. However, as long as my average is around a certain number then I know I am doing alright. Seeing a total for the month/6 months/year really doesn't help me. I often run the report and then switch to my calculator app to divide. Interestingly, I noticed the watchlists provide average amounts. It would be great if these averages were displayed in the net income reports.

• mikeb87
    mikeb87 Member
    edited December 2023

As a former Mint user, very discouraged by the Spending reports in Simplifi, including the inability to see averages per Category. I'll probably just look for other software offerings. Would agree that the Total's are not helpful.

• kollock
    kollock Member

Yes! I miss the average / highest / lowest from the Mint trends.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I am aware I can get averages by setting up a watchlist, but I do not want to set up watchlists for all my categories.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• chiphum
    chiphum Member
    edited January 1

You can see this when it's added to the spending plan but it would be nice to see it in the reports also.

• Olyduck
    Olyduck Member
    edited January 21

In addition to the already included Total, for Reports over Time, it would be nice to have the average/month.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

This request already exists. I like it and upvoted it.

[Merged Post]

Minter 2014-2023

• Mark23
    Mark23 Member
    edited March 1

Would be nice to see the average displayed when a report is run, I was surprised it doesn't did I miss it? That would also be nice if I drilled down in the report for example I run a report for total expenses by payee over time for 6 months I would see the average spent, then if the chart was by breakdown by payee I could select one and it would show the average for that as well.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1

Your request is already active and has votes. Check it out. With more votes, the chances for consideration rise.

[link to merged thread removed]

Minter 2014-2023