Change Default Account for MANUAL Uploads to account where upload button was selected (edited)

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests
Greetings,

Both my Personal Checking and my Personal Savings accounts are linked MANUALLY to Simplifi.  All my other various CC accounts are linked with a U/P so they update automatically.  This means that since September 2021, I have to download the CSV files from the bank's website (for checking and savings), tweak them, and then upload them to Simplifi.  I follow a very specific process (click here for step by step instructions).

Honestly, with the exception of having to re-format the amount field in the CSV and add a column for Tags, Simplifi's upload process is one of the simplest I've used.  It ain't bad.

That said, there is one super easy way for Simplifi to improve it further that would lead to less user error and confusion.  The first couple times I got tripped up and spent up to 30 minutes tracking down and undoing what I did.  After doing it a few times, I eventually learned to double check this particular step!

Recommendation:  Please make this field...

Default to the account where you actually pressed the upload button...

Right now it defaults to the last account you uploaded from.  If you only have one Manual account, that's fine.  If you're doing more than one, that's annoying.

What happened the first couple times before I noticed the account selector was that I uploaded all my transactions to the wrong account - even though I pressed the button from the right account - and when I didn't see the transactions immediately appear, I wished ill on Simplifi assuming it was broken.  Once I finally realized my error, I deleted the uploaded transactions - in the wrong account - and reuploaded them to the right account.

Changing the default would help newer users and those like me with MANUAL accounts for banks that aren't yet supported.

Thanks for the consideration.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated