Subscriptions are not shown when filtering Reports to show Bills & Subscriptions (edited)

Options
Massaro920
Massaro920 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug
It appears when filtering reports under Advanced > Bills & Subscriptions to "show only" > "Bills" or "Not Bills" it only accounts for recurring expenses marked as "Bills" and does not also include recurring expenses marked as "Subscriptions"...  

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Massaro920,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests and got it reported as a bug instead. I am seeing the same behavior and feel that the "Bills & Subscriptions" label either needs to be changed, or Subscriptions need to be included in the Filter selections. 

With that being, we'll see what our Product Team has to say on the matter and then we'll go from there as far as requesting a Filter option for Subscriptions specifically. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12157
  • Massaro920
    Massaro920 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Coach! 
  • Massaro920
    Massaro920 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Any word on this @Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Not yet, @Massaro920.

It looks like the issue is still being researched; I'll be sure to let you know as soon as an update becomes available. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Massaro920
    Massaro920 Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI - this also applies to filters on transaction log ... "subscriptions" are not included when using the show only "Bills" or "Not Bills" toggle 

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thank you, @Massaro920!

Yes, when I originally created the bug ticket, I mentioned that the issue is occurring anywhere transaction filters can be applied in Simplifi. Hopefully they add a 'Subscription' filter, however, even just allowing Subscriptions to be included when selecting "Bills" would be a step in the right direction.

At any rate, there is no update yet, however, I did give the ticket a bump. I'll let you know as soon as I receive any news. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Carl274
    Carl274 Member
    Options
    As a new customer who is very interested in tracking money spent on subscriptions, I also vote for the feature to be able to filter by Subscriptions.  As a work around I have tagged subscription transactions with a key word, 'Subscription'.  Unfortunately this means that I have to remember to do this for all new subscription transactions.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Massaro920,

Thanks for your patience as this was being worked on!

It looks like this issue is now resolved — when filtering my account registers and Reports by "Bills", I now see Subscriptions in addition to my Bills. It looks like the Product Team fixed this by adding Subscriptions to the 'Bills' Filter; if this doesn't work for you and you'd like to have a separate 'Subscriptions' Filter, please go ahead and create a new Idea post requesting one.

@Carl274, you can create the Idea post instead if you'd like. Or, we also have an existing request available here that is asking for a Report for Subscriptions to help track the spending on these items.

Let me know if anyone has questions!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.