#TipTuesday: Using the new Transaction Detail view

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
With the new Transaction Detail view in Simplifi, managing your transactions has never been easier! To access the Transaction Details of a particular transaction, you'll want to select the three dots at the end of the transaction and then select "Edit Transaction":

From the Transaction Detail window, you can edit the transaction, add splits, mark it as 'Reviewed', 'Ignore' it from Reports and the Spending Plan, add Notes and Attachments, as well as link it to a Recurring Reminder, create a new Recurring Series based on the details of the transaction, and view the "Appears on your statement as..." info for downloaded transactions. You can also easily see which Recurring Series a transaction has been linked to, as well as track a Refund!

The Transaction Detail view is basically a one-stop shop for all of your managing transaction needs! Please be sure to also check out our Support Article here for more details on managing transactions in Simplifi. 

We'd love to hear what you find most and least useful about the new Transaction Detail view! Please also share any tips & tricks that you've picked up along the way when it comes to managing your transactions in Simplifi! 

Comments

• LtDan1912
    LtDan1912 Member ✭✭✭
    Most useful: The ability to track an expected refund
    Least useful: I really wish split transactions had their own payee and note field.
    Dan
    Simplifi (2022-Present)
    YNAB (2014-2022)
    Mint (2010-2014)
    Quicken (1999-2010)
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LtDan1912 I’m just curious.  I get the separate note field, but why would you need a separate payee field for splits?  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • LtDan1912
    LtDan1912 Member ✭✭✭
    Great question @DannyB,
    One example I ran into recently was transferring from Venmo into my bank account.
    I do not track Venmo as a separate account in Simplifi (nor do I want to).

The Venmo funds came from separate "Payees" but show as one transaction in my checking account.
    I think splits should really each have the full feature set of any individual transaction.

I should be able to take notes and set different payees-as I mentioned-but I could also see use cases for:
    • ignoring a split from reports or spending plan
    • having its own attachment
    • be marked as bill or recurring
    • etc

Dan
    Simplifi (2022-Present)
    YNAB (2014-2022)
    Mint (2010-2014)
    Quicken (1999-2010)
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LtDan1912 Ah, got it.  Thanks.