Add a Year End Report (edited)

Options
lparrish1965
lparrish1965 Member
edited April 2022 in Feature Requests
What's the point of having this if you can not get a breakdown year end report for taxes.
I know have to go to each category and screen shot each month for a year! Im so very unhappy about this. Basically I know have to create a report by hand !!
9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Doing what you did with so many screenshots would certainly be time consuming, clunky and frustrating for sure.  I would suggest a different solution.  It seems to me the ability to run a year end report for tax purposes is already available in Simplifi.  Here’s what I mean,  create a tag or tags if you need more refinement, something like “Taxes” or “Tax Related!” then tag any tax related expenses you need to track. You could even create a tag for each type of tax related expense or type of income if you have non-W-2 or non-1099 reported income. You could even create a tag for each type of Schedule A deduction or business expenses.  Again, it depends on how much detail you need from your monthly budget.

Then at year’s end, or at tax time, run a report filtered by your tax related tag(s).  Once this report is created you can export it to a .csv file which can be sent to your tax preparer or you can open it yourself in a spreadsheet app.

If you have a more complex tax situation you might need a more robust accounting app.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Great suggestion, @DannyB!

One thing I wanted to clarify -- the ability to download Reports has actually not quite made its way to Simplifi. You can, however, filter the transaction register to the tax-related Tags, and then you'd have the ability to download the visible transactions to a CSV file. More details on exporting transactions can be found here

For the most part, this would ultimately give the same results, but it would need to be done from the transaction register and not a Report. :smile:

-Coach Natalie