Ability to set a default Account for Savings Goal contributions (edited)

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
Greetings,

Does anyone know of a way to set the default account to use for Savings Goals?  For example, I want to use the highlighted account in the first screenshot.

The way I like to do Savings Goals is that each goal gets tied to ONLY one (1) account and I indicate that with the last four digits of the account number (see second Screenshot).

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    @Flopbot I don't see any way to do that.  Maybe one of the coaches will have an answer.  If it's not already possible this would be a good feature request.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for posting, @Flopbot!

Since this ability is currently not available in Simplifi, I did go ahead and turn this into an Idea post. Please be sure to add your vote! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I'm not sure what all these ideas for Savings Goals mean in a detailed way, but I just spent an enormously long time - and not for the first time - withdrawing my contributions to a SG "for another purpose" because I forgot to assign the correct account the contribute to the SG from to begin with, then re-adding all the contributions from the correct account, and finally re-checking all the goals to make sure I didn't slip one up yet again. 

Can we please add the ability, when adding a Savings Goal, to select a default account that we want to contribute to it from?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave it a vote-up as well.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back @DannyB did a really interesting ‘Survey’ of Savings Goal ideas that some might find interesting!

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/4089/survey-of-savings-goals-enhancement-ideas-suggestions
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @ajbopp I’ve done the same thing and ended up with SG funds scattered across several unintended bank accounts. Being able to set a default account for a savings goal would be a great improvement.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • When I go to contribute to a savings goal I always have to select a bank account to draw from. I have three accounts and I always use the same one, so it would be convenient to have this field default to the last one used (probably for that goal but this doesn’t matter for me personally).

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

This also gets my vote, but in general, you may also want to vote on this one, which already has a few votes:

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I don't know if this is new, but I noticed on the web that by default, there is NO ACCOUNT SELECTED (Blank) when I contribute to a savings goal. To me, this is a huge improvement from what it used to be when some random(?) default account was automatically filled in (it often wouldn't be the account i wanted). So, I have to select an account to contribute from, which I prefer.

I might remove my vote from this one, given how it's working now.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

That is an improvement! I still want to be able to set a default account to each individual SG - be able to select a different default for one SG and something else for another. However, I’m certainly happy for small steps.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.