Need a 'Select All' and 'Date Range' Filter (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've noticed over time that modifying transactions (category, tags, checking Reviewed) has gotten slower and slower and slower. This is in contrast to when I look at the transactions for a month's spending plan, when editing them (category and tags) is pretty quick. (Unfortunately I can't edit Notes and Reviewed over there). I wonder if the reason the transactions list functions so slowly is because it's showing so many transactions. If we could get simple date filtering maybe that would help performance (in addition to other times when we'd benefit from the ability to filter by date).

• George M
    George M Member
    Options

The ability to filter transaction exports by date range is a must!

• dsfreddy
    dsfreddy Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, here we are. From the how to export support article:

"Can I export transactions with a specific date range?

The ability to filter your Transaction Activity to a specific date range is not currently available in Quicken Simplifi. You can export an entire month's worth of transactions while excluding all other months by following the "Export Tips" above. Otherwise, we encourage you to join the discussion in our Community requesting a Date Range Filter by clicking here!"

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with this feature request. While the transactions being grouped by date helps in the web version, a date filter will be great.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Platypus18
    Platypus18 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

figured out how to do it. = )

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is an awesome workaround. I have been using the reports pages for filtering by date in the meantime.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

The transaction search formulas seem to meet the need stated here. This is a neat ability.

Searching for Dates

The following formulas can be used when searching for transaction dates in Quicken Simplifi:

• Searching "2/3/2022" or "02/03/2022" will search for transactions dated 02/03/2022.
    • Searching "Feb 02, 2022" will search for transactions dated 02/03/2022.
    • Searching "Feb 02 2022" will search for transactions dated 02/03/2022.
    • Searching "February 02, 2022" will search for transactions dated 02/03/2022.
    • Searching "2/3/2022ish" or "02/03/2022ish" will search for transactions dated around 02/03/2022.
    • Searching ">2/3/2022" or ">02/03/2022" will search for transactions on or after 02/03/2022.
    • Searching "<2/3/2022" or "<02/03/2022" will search for transactions on or before 02/03/2022.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6354977-transaction-search-tips

Minter 2014-2023

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

can one somehow put in more than 1 formula?

Something like '>12/01/2023, <12/31/2023'

I tried but nothing worked. :(

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, we can only use one formula, unfortunately. However, I narrow down the time by year by using the showing transactions since… in the transactions list.

Minter 2014-2023

• Mook Mook
    Options

filtering by date range is a must! how else can you determine expenses in a given category for a given year, for example?

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mook Mook Filtering by category and date range is possible in the Reports page.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• George Pitagorsky
    Options

Filter by date range for multiple accounts is needed.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kudos @UrsulaA !!! Great job finding those secret filter Easter eggs!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Flopbot. Excellent job @ajbopp on pointing out date filters are already in reports. I use those filters as well when I want to review transactions without transfers listed.

Minter 2014-2023

• aolafsson
    aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree the "filters" in the transactions screen needs an added date range

• quick username
    Options

+1 for the request, -1 for this post-Mint trial run experience on Simplifi. Please prioritize and provide a date filter.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31
    Options

If this related request was implemented, will you use the date range, category, account, and tag filters under reports?

I know I would. Though reports do not include transfers.

I still want and upvoted this request for the transaction list.

Minter 2014-2023

• Tessellate
    Tessellate Member
    Options

I have moved over from using Mint for budgeting and I am new to Simplifi, and I am incredibly frustrated that some BASIC functionality appears to be missing. I just cannot understand why you dont offer it, because it is so important. One example is when looking at the transactions page why can I not filter by date? You offer filter options by all sorts of other criteria, but if I want to filter to see the transactions from January 1 to January 15 for example, how can I do this? Mint has a filter feature which includes not only categories and tags but also the date range option so that I can isolate my desired date range whether it is a couple of days or up to any amount of time. It is fully customizable and I have found that to be very useful on Mint.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

Your request already exists. Vote for it below.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• Anonymous12r34341
    Options

I can't seem to filter my transactions by date. I can sort by date, but I want to recategorize transactions and just look at January 2024. With Mint, I would just filter to January 2024 and then sort highest to lowest so that I could recategorize as needed. It takes a lot longer to go through each transaction line by line.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    Options

Same and I've also sometimes wanted to sort by category to mark transactions as reviewed.

I do find that I need this less since the performance improvements were made and I'm much more up to date on reviewing transactions since it's so quick and easy now. But it's definitely something I still want.

• zbaybay
    Options

Would love to vote for adding this feature, not seeing links to vote on the "vote here" posts

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to page 1 of this discussion and click on the yellow up arrow.

Minter 2014-2023

• drbeitzel
    Options

There are so many advanced filters available — categories, tags, etc. — in the standard transaction view. However, I cannot filter transactions by specific dates. Can that be added?

• quick username
    quick username Member
    Options

It's a fascinating oversight, like they don't want you to be able to do this on purpose?

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree this should be added, but you can get something like this with the filtering options available in the Net Income report.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• gibbj2
    gibbj2 Member
    Options

Just joined Simplifi from Mint. It is taking a bit to get used to. I do miss the date range filter. Please add a date range filter for ease of tracking and sharing transactions with my accountants.