What are the transaction flags option used for?

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Managing Your Transactions
What is the intent for this option?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Clark

Flags are something that I found pretty useful back when I used Quicken Desktop, but - so far - in Simplifi, I really haven’t found the need to use them yet.  The only situation I can think of where they would be useful would be to use them to Mark individual transactions you want/need to do something with at a later date.

That said, since you can’t filter by Flags (click here for idea post) or assign specific names/titles to individual colors, I think their current usefulness is rather lacking.

As I think about it a little more, I view the fact that I haven’t found much use them as a testament to Simplifi.  With Quicker Desktop, I was constantly having to flag random transactions in for later fixing - and with every available color- (wrong balances, tracking down errors, errors on tops of errors, etc.). It wasn’t uncommon for me to have 15 transactions marked with red and 10 with blue, and 6 with orange and by the time I got done, I had completely forgot what red meant.  Thankfully, after making the switch to Simplifi, my time spent tracking down random issues has plummeted drastically!  I’m no longer spending all my time simply keeping someone’s random database happy.

Hopefully this gives you at least one idea.  I look forward to seeing what others have to say.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

The Flag feature doesn't have any particular intention other than allowing users the ability to flag their transactions for whatever reason they see fit. Please be sure to add your vote to the Idea post that @Flopbot shared if you'd like to be able to filter by Flag! 

@Flopbot -- is that a recent screenshot? If so, can you please check which release version you're on and update to 3.22.1 if you have not already done so? That text overlapping issue should have been resolved, but I'm still seeing it in your screenshot. 😳

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Flopbot

Thanks for the reply.  The first thing I tried to do was filter a flag, but no option.  That's why I was asking what the purpose of the flag was used for.

Clark
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

No worries, I took the screenshot last night BEFORE updating the Mobile App this morning.  Good job noticing it, you’re on top of it!   :)
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Coach Natalie
    I did go ahead and vote for this flag filtering.
    Clark
This discussion has been closed.